Very small power supplies with 2x12v any recommendations?

chromatunachromatuna Frets: 367
I am plotting a tiny ‘throw in a bag’ board ( have a PT Nano) with a few essentials, probably just three effects plus a tuner. Snag is I want definitely one 12v connection for my Carbon Copy, the option of another would be handy too. Any suggestions?
This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 355
    Cioks 4 looks like it will cover pretty much everything 
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 367
    Thanks @personalnadir ;

I maybe should have picked up the Adam that was recently in the classifieds here for £50
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    TGI Power Box

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/234661/tgi-power-box-micro-power-supply

I've actually got one of these going spare which you could have for next to nothing, but it's missing the 18V supply - as usual with these mini ones it's more correctly described as a distribution box... the *supply* is the bit you plug into the wall. 18 centre-negative 3A supplies (which I think is the requirement) seem to be quite hard to find.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Thanks @ICBM I’ll have a look at that one although to be honest I would rather have an integral transformer than a wall wart
  • eogeog Frets: 40
    Strymon Ojai has 5 outputs, two of which you could set to 12v (or 18v)
  • eogeog Frets: 40
    Sorry, should have said Ojai R30
    Thanks @ICBM I’ll have a look at that one although to be honest I would rather have an integral transformer than a wall wart
    Me too, which is why you could have had it for next to nothing :). I could convert an old laptop power supply I've got to run it, but it's about four times the size of the distribution box so I haven't bothered yet...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    18V 3A Switching Power Supply Charger 18V3A 5.5*2.5/2.1 mm AC DC Adaptor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JFTCEP0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HHYN3P8MZEFQPX1FT9GZ
    18V 3A Switching Power Supply Charger 18V3A 5.5*2.5/2.1 mm AC DC Adaptor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JFTCEP0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HHYN3P8MZEFQPX1FT9GZ
    Tip positive.

Unless you get one that you can open up the casing and swap the connections... which is rare, most of them are glued now.

I suppose you can replace the plug, but it's a bit of a bodge.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I've just bought a CIOKS DC-7, which is very small and also versatile; every output is 9/12/15/18V switchable and at 9V it does 660mA.
  • Mr_ClawMr_Claw Frets: 94
    Truetone CS6? That's got 2x 12v switchable ports and a 2x 18v. They can all be switched back to 9v. Pretty small too.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/guitar-pedals/pedal-power-supplies/truetone-1-spot-pro-cs6-low-profile-power-brick-w-fully-isolated-outputs

edited May 2021
    Thanks for the suggestions folks, I am quite surprised how much even a small decent power supply costs but I guess if a handful of components overdrive can be £200 then maybe I shouldn’t be, the PSUs probably better value. I shall see what pops up used