Replacing saddle, nut, pegs on a Taylor

What's Hot
jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
edited May 2021 in Making & Modding
Afternoon folks,

I'm a relative novice when it comes to modding but I'm keen to give stuff a go. Has anyone used the Jimmy Page wiring kits on their Les Pauls? Opinions?

And also, I've got a Taylor 110. It's a great guitar but I'm wondering about changing the TUSQ saddle and nut and the plastic pegs. Anyone have experience changing this stuff on their Taylor guitars? recommendations for suppliers etc?

Thanks for reading and any replies are much appreciated!

Cheers,
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Two such wildly different topics deserve two separate threads.

Which pickup/transducer system does your Taylor have? This may affect what needs doing to the bridge saddle.

My opinions of the so-called Jimmy Page LP wiring circuit appear in the Discussion started by SixStringSupplies. 

Given the choice between slotting in a pre-wired PCB assembly and herding four push-pull pots and a shedload of cables into a Les Paul control cavity, the SSS product wins every time.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    Cheers @Funkfingers. Yeah, wasn't sure of the etiquette of starting two threads at once, I'm so used to just posting in the classifieds where it's seen as bad form. Anyway, I have a 110 that doesn't have a pickup. I've found a supplier that will get the official Taylor parts for me. Not sure if there is much difference between the TUSQ stuff and bone really?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    There definitely is a difference between real bone and synthetic substitutes BUT, if Taylor has designed the guitar around the tonal characteristics of Graphtech TUSQ or NuBone, it would probably be wiser to stick with that.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom