SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/WTB - gold humbucker covers 52mm/50mm spacing

What's Hot
abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
edited May 2021 in Parts £
I want to do a pick up swap on my 1984 Burny LPC. I have a pair of open coil pick ups that I'd like to put in but they are shiny new and would look totally wrong in the guitar.

I'd rather not remove the existing covers from the current pick ups and all I've found online are some for £20 per cover which is a touch too much I think... Most of the aging advice online is for chrome/nickel, not too much for gold.

Does any one have a set in a draw they'd be willing to part with...? Pic below for reference.

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    OK so I bought a set and it turns out they are 52mm spacing and one of them is brand new so no use to me. Bought off Facebook marketplace with PPG more fool me etc etc.

So I have for sale one brand new and one aged gold humbucker cover with 52mm spacing, both genuine Gibson. £20 is what I paid, £20 takes them.

I'm still looking for aged gold 50mm covers please!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
    I looked into this at one point. You want to buy some raw nickel ones and find a place near you that does gold plating. Most gold plates covers have a layer of brass over the nickel, so when the gold rubs off they don't look proper old, just a bit naff. If you get it custom done, you can have gold with no 'undercoat' like the early Gibson ones. That coating comes off shockingly easily, so you could relic them yourself or just play the thing and they'll look old in no time. 
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom