SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold 1964 Vox AC10 Twin

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2040
edited May 2021 in Amps £
Took this one on in a px deal some of you may have spotted in on ebay/gumtree previously. I don't have much use for an amp these days so straight on the block it goes and I am certain this will be an amazing purchase for someone. I will shamelessly use the previous owners description as it provides a far better breakdown that I ever could:

"Vox AC10 Twin. Excellent In Rare Original Condition. Ideal For Collector, Not Gigged, Fitted with high specification M8137 valve.

History - This amp has had two owners, both not great guitarists, but both experienced electronics engineers so it has not been gigged or used very much, just looked after. I have been repairing equipment professionally since the late 1960s. Amongst valve amps I always liked Vox so when a friend offered me this amp many years ago I could not refuse and it has been my personal amp since then but with little use as I played acoustic guitar but I loved the sound of these amps. So it has been at home with a cover over it.

Performance.Specification and information is available on the net.

Valves. EL84 output pair have been checked on AVO valve analyser and are nicely matched. 

(ECC83) this has a Mullard M8137 fitted this was a high specification and quality version they made of the ECC83 and last I looked were selling for over £100.

EZ81 is a yellow Mullard

EF86 is a yellow Mullard

ECF82 is a Brimar

The pictures show the oscilloscope waveforms with a 1Khz sine wave input for the amp running clean and also in overdrive which these amps do so nicely with no nasty harshness to the sound.

It has been PAT mains safety tested and passed.

As it has not been used for a few years it has been run up very gently on a slowly increasing mains voltage over a period of time enabling capacitors to “re-form” without any stress being placed upon them.

Condition. No damage to case or speaker mesh. There is a slight mark below the “Ten Twin” badge where I think the dealer had stuck a badge and it has just left a slight mark but no damage, this can be seen in the front on picture. The speakers have a bit of paint flaking off on the frame as can be seen in the picture.

Please be aware that I have resisted rebuilding this amp so that it is an original example but all components are old but loved. The main volume pot is slightly lumpy at near maximum setting but only when turned quickly."

I am looking for £2000 plus postage should a courier be required, may be open to trade/PX for USA Gibson, Fender or Martin guitars. 

Will get more pics up soon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    Ask more, so mine increases in value....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2040
    @Gassage your endorsement alone should do that  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    CMW335 said:
    @Gassage your endorsement alone should do that  :)
    Adoring mine. So dirty it's ridiculous. A simple Fuzz or boost in front is insanity.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• RecklessReckless Frets: 3
    PM'd
    "You play the accordion - you go to jail. That's the law..."
    Sold
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    That didn't last long