Dug

What's Hot
HaychHaych Frets: 5616
Due to circumstances I wouldn't wish on anyone we now have a lodger.

His name is Milo.

He's a dug.  A West Highland and Cairn terrier cross. 

No idea how long he's going to be with us, he spent his first night with us last night.

Poor thing seems a little lost and obviously misses his family and home but for all that he seems pretty settled.  He's curled up to me on the sofa right now watching Still Game (hence "dug") while I'm meant to be working.

Last night was hard, though.  I've never had a dug before, no idea how to look after one but the wife didn't want him on the end of the bed so I slept on the sofa while Milo crashed out on the other sofa - he seemed to need and appreciate the company.

For his sake I hope he's not here long and can go back to his family.  They've promised to visit and take him for walks until things get back to normal but I have to admit I quite like having him around.

He seems pretty chilled at the moment.  Normally he's like a toddler on crack and can be quite excitable although isn't normally noisy, but he likes to play and has a lot of energy.

Oh, and he seems to like Still Game!

Welcome to the family, Milo, even if it's only for a short while

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    He's adorable.
    Those little terriers are full of character. They're usually fast learners, too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4491
    Awww...  :)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Sweet looking dog. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I wouldn't be able to give him back to his owners.
    I'd tell them he ran away or got run over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5616
    Sassafras said:
    I wouldn't be able to give him back to his owners.
    I'd tell them he ran away or got run over.
    Unfortunately he belongs to my sister, I doubt she'd buy that lol.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14182
    tFB Trader
    Cute and adorable - I'm sure he'll appreciate the love, care and attention you are providing him with - Plenty of walks and play time in the garden/park and you'll probably get more cuddles and licks from him 
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 414
    Looks like you are making him more than weclome and he is now enjoying sweat dreams.
    Think he's comfortable with me :D

I predict this will cause an estrangement between brother and sister.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Ah, he looks like a right dude! 

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Just don't let him watch that episode where the "neds" dog jumps off the top of Osprey heights...
    Neill said:
    Just don't let him watch that episode where the "neds" dog jumps off the top of Osprey heights...
    Well, I'm binge watching all nine series (again since Still Game is a favourite).  Watched that particular episode a couple of days ago so no danger.

We just watched the one with Victor's birthday when Jack, Victor and Winston went down the Kelvin on a rubber dinghy - Milo go a bit excited about the otter in that one.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    How could anyone honestly part with him?
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    Just wait till he’s shat on your best carpet and chewed something of value. Then you’ll be pleased to send him back! 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Iamnobody said:
    Just wait till he’s shat on your best carpet and chewed something of value. Then you’ll be pleased to send him back! 

That never worked with my kids, so it definitely wouldn't work on my dog. What a lovely little terrier that chap is. You'll have to keep him. <3
    Call me Dave.
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Haych said:
    Neill said:
    Well, I'm binge watching all nine series (again since Still Game is a favourite).  Watched that particular episode a couple of days ago so no danger.

We just watched the one with Victor's birthday when Jack, Victor and Winston went down the Kelvin on a rubber dinghy - Milo go a bit excited about the otter in that one.
    I digress, but my all time favourite episode is the one where Winston wins a shedload of cash at the bookies and stashes it in his prosthetic leg.  Back at Jack and Victor's he aims a kick at the imaginary bookies nuts and the leg flies off, crashes through the window onto the street below.  It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  When I saw it at first it made me realise that you could actually die laughing.

What makes it even funnier is when the ned picks up the money, there's just a slight hesitation, then he picks up the leg as well
    before running off.

Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill are absolute geniuses.  

Neill said:
    Haych said:
    Neill said:

I digress, but my all time favourite episode is the one where Winston wins a shedload of cash at the bookies and stashes it in his prosthetic leg.  Back at Jack and Victor's he aims a kick at the imaginary bookies nuts and the leg flies off, crashes through the window onto the street below.  It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  When I saw it at first it made me realise that you could actually die laughing.

What makes it even funnier is when the ned picks up the money, there's just a slight hesitation, then he picks up the leg as well
    before running off.

Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill are absolute geniuses.  

It's one of my favourite shows, I watch it all the time and must have seen it umpteen times over the years.

That is a classic episode for sure but there are too many spit-your-beer-out laugh out loud moments to list them all.

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Good to see a thread about him. Bought a few things off him over the years - Coda really is a fantastic shop.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis