Kind of NGD - Telecaster

Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 181
I had a luthier built telecaster which basically my main guitar for home playing. It has the best neck I know, kind of chunkier (0.9inch @ 1st fret and 0.97 inch @12th fret). Really nice ringing guitar with an unusal body wood which is mulberry. I think mulberry is a heavier and harder than ash or alder. 
I was very happy with this guitar except from the weight and color of the body. So decided to replace the body. Thanks to @Treewig1 and @dindude for the parts. I am really happy with the result, both look and the sounds.
One strange result which I was not expecting is the string tension. The strings on the new guitar feels more stiffer, probably as a result of body wood and neck body angle. Other parts are exactly same. Please let me know if you have any other idea. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    Neck and fingerboard/frets look great 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 949
    That looks smashing.
  • Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 181
    Neck and fingerboard/frets look great 
    That looks smashing.
    Thanks a lot!!
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Is the headstock a laminate? Looks to have a dark wood at rear? Very handsome guitar.
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Looks fab. Could it be that the neck is straighter resulting in higher string tension. Lefty loosen the truss rod slightly to get a slinkier easy to bend feel. 
  • Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 181
    JezWynd said:
    Is the headstock a laminate? Looks to have a dark wood at rear? Very handsome guitar.
    Thnaks. Yes, 3 mm dark rosewood at the back of headstock. 

@Onpar ,
    Yes, I know what you mean but I don't think it is the case. Truss rod is even more loose than before, neck has a bigger relief now.