I don´t have a Danelectro yet.

What's Hot
kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 961
Do you think starting with a doubleneck would be a bit too much?
Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
    Double the pain / pleasure ratio..

You've got to ask yourself one question really, Do I feel lucky.. ? :)
  • kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 961
    AK99 said:
    Double the pain / pleasure ratio..

You've got to ask yourself one question really, Do I feel lucky.. ? :)
    Care to elaborate?
    Failed attempt at a bit of sm@rt@rse humour kk :(

Was attempting (poorly) to make the point that Danelectros in general are outliers on the guitar spectrum - bit of an oddity, not everybody's cup of tea. I've played a couple, and within the last week  took the plunge and bought one off another fret boarder. I like them. In total contrast, however, I have a friend who has - broadly - similar tastes to my own in guitars, but absolutely hates them, in terms of look, feel, and sound .. and even the weight annoys him :)

If you've tried them, then obviously you know what to expect; but if you're starting from a point of not having tried one (of either single or double neck persuasion) then they might well fall somewhere cn the 'a bit extreme' part of the spectrum. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    I'm secretly GASing for a 12 string. 
    AK99 said:

Was attempting (poorly) to make the point that Danelectros in general are outliers on the guitar spectrum - bit of an oddity, not everybody's cup of tea. I've played a couple, and within the last week  took the plunge and bought one off another fret boarder. I like them. In total contrast, however, I have a friend who has - broadly - similar tastes to my own in guitars, but absolutely hates them, in terms of look, feel, and sound .. and even the weight annoys him :)

If you've tried them, then obviously you know what to expect; but if you're starting from a point of not having tried one (of either single or double neck persuasion) then they might well fall somewhere cn the 'a bit extreme' part of the spectrum. 

Thanks!

I love British humor but, I´m German so I sometimes mistake it for something serious.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    AK99 said:

Thanks!

I love British humor but, I´m German so I sometimes mistake it for something serious.
    That's because you have no word for fluffy...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    I have to say the aqua 12 string looks so cool.  Like the guitar equivalent of sunshine.
    munckee said:
    AK99 said:

Thanks!

That's because you have no word for fluffy...

Fluffig!

Sorry, we do.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sofastevesofasteve Frets: 39
    merlin said:
    I'm secretly GASing for a 12 string. 
    I've a Danelectro USA 2018 DC59 12 String in red. Struggling to play it due to my injury so will be selling on here at some point.
    AK99 said:

Thanks!

It was probably harder to follow than that even - I'm Irish, plus the original quote was from the lead character in Dirty Harry.. :)

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    AK99 said:

Thanks!

No-one's perfect.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    I had a few Danos. Necks were very very comfortable but the rest of them felt like toys. Very light. I’d consider one again. The 59 in the middle position sounded great.
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I picked  up a DC59 via Facebook for £60.  The guy selling was trying to change the strings for the first time and got in a serious muddle.  It's cheap and cheerful but nowhere near the build quality of a Vintage or a Squier imho.  I stick it in the wardrobe when we take our caravan away and the hollow body gives enough volume for an evening jam.