SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Blackstar Artisan 30 handwired combo w/upgrades

What's Hot
JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
edited June 2021 in Amps £
BACK UP- big price drop! All my stuff’s broken at once!

Sad to sell this beauty, but needs must. This handwired combo is a 2-channel, Brit-inspired beast. One is mid-gain and Marshall-eqsue, whilst the other has a circuit inspired by the early AC30's. It can get everything from glassy cleans through to a delicious grind, and the channels are jumpable and have much EQ-tweakability with the 5-way Bass switch on channel 1, and a 30-band EQ + warm/bright settings on the second channel. Also is switchable down to 10 watts, which is fantastic for recording!

I've upgraded it with a WGS Green Beret (rated 100 db to match the Vintage 30 alongside it). This really tamed the upper-mids, and the pair work beautifully together! Original V30 included also.

More info here: https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/products/artisan-30

It had casters on at one point, which I removed as I prefer the bass response of an amp on the floor. It seems to have one of the control knobs replaced also. There's nicks and dings to the tolex, so it's not pristine, but it's in good condition overall and sounds amazing!

These retailed at £1200 when new and the only one I can find for sale now is £1499 via Stompbox London.

I'm looking for £850 ONO. Collection only from Birmingham I'm afraid. Open to offers.

NOW £600 ONO!
SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    as an advocate and former owner of one of these (well, and the head and cab version too fwiw) firstly i'd say that they're a genuinely great amp... but it might be worth checking the sold prices for them on here and eBay. They're notoriously difficult to sell, and I fear you've priced for disappointment here. Not heckling, I think in many ways it'd be a justifiable price for a great amp, but I found it an absolute slog to sell mine at considerably less than this.

you should keep it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
    as an advocate and former owner of one of these (well, and the head and cab version too fwiw) firstly i'd say that they're a genuinely great amp... but it might be worth checking the sold prices for them on here and eBay. They're notoriously difficult to sell, and I fear you've priced for disappointment here. Not heckling, I think in many ways it'd be a justifiable price for a great amp, but I found it an absolute slog to sell mine at considerably less than this.

you should keep it. 
    Let me stress.... I'm open to offers for a quick sale!
    Seen one go on Reverb for £999.

But like I said... don't be afraid to lowball me, people!
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 952
    These Blackstar Artisan series are incredible. I've got the 100w version and it's a beast. Such high quality, and sounds great. If you want it to keep and play rather than sell on, their well worth considering.
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 952
    Also to add, I've owned the Blackstar 5w HT5 before as well, and while I had no complaints about it the Artisan series are on another level from their other stuff.
    Pics added!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I love mine. Personally I’d keep it. They are undervalued because of the weight. But probably the best pedal platform amp out there. At some point a famous player will discover them and prices will go up. But for now have a bump. 
    jeztone2 said:
    I love mine. Personally I’d keep it. They are undervalued because of the weight. But probably the best pedal platform amp out there. At some point a famous player will discover them and prices will go up. But for now have a bump. 
    I also love this, but you know how it is- bought something and need to cover the cost  :/
    Back up with a BIG price drop! £600 ONO collection only! 
    Up! Offers invited! Don’t be afraid to lowball me!
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    PM'd
    Sale pending...