Bax-shop ball-ache

What's Hot
Bought an SM7B on 23 April. Said it would be delivered by Wednesday 28th. It wasn't and unbelievably the shipping tracking still shows that the item hasn't left their warehouse.

I've spoken to them a couple of times on the phone with two promises of a refund that has yet to materialise after well over a week, but getting through to customer services is hard and I usually get routed back to the receptionist who claims that she can't even forward my phone call...arguably the most basic of receptionist tasks, no?

I've since lodged a Paypal case and escalated it with the lack of comms and in lieu of a refund or the actual microphone. But they give Bax until the 16th and will need a further few days to make a decision. So I'm not going to get what's actually not a trivial amount of money back until a fortnight's time...almost a month. It's disgusting and deeply upsetting.

I've not got any faith that paypal will do right by me either. :-(
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Paypal are usually pretty good at returns, I think you will be fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Simonh said:
    Paypal are usually pretty good at returns, I think you will be fine.

Hope so, fella. The cynic inside thinks there's a gentleman's agreement between large businesses to deal with these things differently than they do with the usual scammy bedroom dealer.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2591
    I think you'll be fine.  Refunds always seem to take longer than you think they should.  I had a bit of a minor dispute with Bax a while back when they claimed a strap was in stock when it wasn't.  When I cancelled the order they sent me the strap anyway but I refused to accept delivery (I'd already sourced it elsewhere). They eventually backed down and gave me my money back. I suspect it may be deliberate policy to put a little grit in the gears to discourage cancellations but they will back down if you don't.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom