Elvis Costello - Brutal Youth (1994)

duotoneduotone Frets: 593
Been listening to this for the past week & really loving it. Have never heard this album before, so is completely fresh to me.

Pony St (1st track) is a real ear-worm, I think it’s the combination of the vocals & great drumming.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1301
    That takes me back. This is hell is a great track.

Have you heard his album with the roots - wise up ghost, great album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1043
    Loved Brutal Youth when it came out.  Wondeful to hear the Attractions back together again, they make a fine sound together.  I never saw him/them first time round but when Brutal Youth came out I managed to get tickets to the recording of a Jools Holland Later special that he did, and then shortly after went to see them at the Roundhouse.  It had just opened for gigs but before the fitout was done - just the building shell with rough concrete floor, portaloos outside etc.  Superb night though!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 8482
    Several favourite tracks on that disc.

Bruce Thomas only appears on five of the songs. The rest are Nick Lowe. 
    Be seeing you.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 593
    markblack said:
    That takes me back. This is hell is a great track.

Have you heard his album with the roots - wise up ghost, great album.
    No I haven’t heard that album, but I will check it out. It’s on Spotify.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 593

Loved Brutal Youth when it came out.  Wondeful to hear the Attractions back together again, they make a fine sound together.  I never saw him/them first time round but when Brutal Youth came out I managed to get tickets to the recording of a Jools Holland Later special that he did, and then shortly after went to see them at the Roundhouse.  It had just opened for gigs but before the fitout was done - just the building shell with rough concrete floor, portaloos outside etc.  Superb night though!
    I’ve been there a few times, but never in those conditions. Sounds like a great gig.