SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Xotic xsc

What's Hot
Whilst looking for another addition to the collection I stumbled upon the beauty (look at that neck!) but its in the USA and with shipping, taxes etc. it's likely to be beyond what I'm looking to spend https://angelcityguitars.com/collections/xotic-1/products/xotic-california-classic-xsc-1-sunburst

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has an Xotic XSC-1 they'd be prepared to let go, ideally looking for single coils, rosewood board, some ageing and ideally a master grade roasted neck. I know its a long shot but thought I'd reach out before going to peach guitars to price up a similarly specced one. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JGCJGC Frets: 157
    there's been a couple through here lately, I picked one of them up - fabulous guitars, you won't be disappointed
  • guitarmikguitarmik Frets: 13
    JGC - thanks for the reply I’ve heard nothing but good things about them, particularity the necks. Fingers crossed 
    the necks are amazing, just well sorted guitars across the board, best of luck in your search

Weekend bump, currently resorting to importing or having one built via peach. 
  • NibulniblinNibulniblin Frets: 183
    edited May 2021
    You couldn't make a better choice. See my recent post in Guitar section.
    The Future is simply time waiting to become History.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    JGC said:
    That seller is a dolphin who occasionally buys from here, if you're considering buying from him then it may be worth finding out how much he actually paid for it. His advert makes me laugh because his closing paragraph is describing himself. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Thanks for the advice gents, I'd seen this one and dropped him a message but have been holding out to see if there are any mastergrades floating around. Really appreciate the heads up 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Boromedic said:
    JGC said:
    That seller is a dolphin who occasionally buys from here, if you're considering buying from him then it may be worth finding out how much he actually paid for it. His advert makes me laugh because his closing paragraph is describing himself. 
    I know Andy pretty well indeed and I will say that he’s a total gent. I can also confirm at no point has Andy ever asked me what the lowest I’d take for a guitar would be. 
    He loves guitar gear and has boat loads of it. He’s not a bedroom guitar dealer. My findings are that Andy will take gear in that he doesn’t always want because it can be currency when working on another deal for something he may well keep. 

@Boromedic and I have also had good experiences of sorting out guitar trade/sales shenanigans so this certainly isn’t a partisan pop at his post as @Boromedic is a stand up guy also. 

I thought it best to give my findings also. 
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 445
    I want to know what a dolphin is in this context :D
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    edited May 2021
    A ‘famous’ dolphin (1960s film and TV) was Flipper...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 445
    @Treewig1 Brilliant! Cheers for the clarification. 
    Evening all, just a quick update. Thanks for all your messages, I also had a few board members offer me a couple of Xotics but the one I saw from the USA kinda still captured my attention so decided to go for that one. I'll try and get a few pictures up once it arrives in the relevant part of the forum. The chap (Olay) from Angel City guitars was awesome and their customer service was great. Also may be listing a guitar (probably a custom 22, 10 top, Katalox neck, ebony board and artist upgrades) in the near future to help fund it as I'm expecting the VAT etc. to be painful.