Idiot's guide to toneprint editor

CatthanCatthan Frets: 390
edited July 2014 in FX
Hi gents,
trying to load a Petrucci delay through the editor on PC. Pedal is recognized, I press send to pedal and I get fuck all.. 

I "beamed" a Lee Ritenour one via the iphone but I don't see what's the fuss. So I guess I'm doing smth wrong.
Do I need the dials set in any particular way in order for TPs to load??

I'd appreciate any tips.
I'm basically interested in syncing through the PC as the library on the iphone app seems to miss a few toneprints..
Firmware is updated etc..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16658
    The pedal has to be switched on, not just powered up. The mobile version of the toneprint app looks like there are fewer but that's just because they bunch them. As you look down the list it says multiple toneprints ( something like tc multiple toneprints or Fred Barlow's multiple toneprints) and you open that up and there are half a dozen.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 390
    Thanks @EricTheWeary,
    yes, it's on.
    I'll search more on the app
  • I think I had a similar issue back when I had a TP pedal, i'm pretty sure I found the solution on the TC website or I contacted them directly.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited August 2014
    Do you have the rotary knob on the pedal set to the Toneprint slot?....and are you powering it with a power supply rather than a battery?
    edited August 2014
    ^^^ 
    Yes to both
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 656
    edited August 2014
    What's the pedal? Try setting it to the most ridiculous sounding toneprint e.g ringmod for the delay or flangeverb for the reverb. It will be very obvious if it's worked. It may be that you are just trying quite samey- sounding toneprints (which I don't see the point of on the big pedals but obviously are useful on the mini ones)

Edit: just read it's the delay one - go for the ringmod or trichorus from tc.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16658
    Not excepting toneprints was a common problem on the early pedals - to the extent that non working ones got reviews in magazines. I presume they all went back to the shops but if you bought a pedal used and it's a very early one I guess it could just be glitchy.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Thanks guys,

The Petrucci TP I was looking was a dual delay type of thing to get me close to the Andy Timmons dual memory boy set up with different delay settings he demoed in a rig rundown.

I achieved that by setting the switch to the down position and the delay dial pointing between E and L and got it.
    So I'm not bothered about the TP much.

I could flash TPs through my Iphone just fine.
    When I have the itch again I'll try @littlethoughts' advice.
    It's a flashback, almost 1 year old.. bought new. Even if it's a faulty one I don't suppose the shop would do anything after 1 year but I'll check the warranty.