SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender Custom Shop - 1960 Double Bound Telecaster - Faded Sonic Blue - £2200 shipped

What's Hot
Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
Afternoon all.

In this months installment of 'Guitars I'll regret selling' I'm thinking about moving on this glorious CS tele. Picked up fairly recently from a top guy from the forum. Looks amazing, 1960 Closet Classic (light relic), some light checking, great pickup combo, good weight (need to double check but it's fairly light).

Probably about my 6th Tele over the last few years... love how they look and sound but just struggle to get on with them for some reason. Doesn't stop me buying them.

To be honest, I've got an absolutely lovely looking one appearing next month that's a lot more reasonable than CS money. As I haven't fallen head over heels for this one, hoping the new arrival will fill the need for a tele in my life and this can find a new home and free me up some GAS tokens.

Come with case candy but haven't got the floor traveler. However, did manage to find some of the blurb online...

"Featuring a double bound Alder body, a quartersawn Maple '60s 'C' neck with a dark slab, 9.5" radius Rosewood fingerboard, 6105 frets, Seymour Duncan Custom Shop BG1400 Pearly GatesGäó Esquire® Stack bridge pickup, Gibson P-90 neck pickup, vintage locking tuners and compensated brass saddles on the bridge."

The top has started to fade to a really nice surf green from, I believe, the lacquer aging. The lacquer slightly yellows as it ages, combined with the blue causes it to appear green. I've tried to capture where it shows best with slightly different light in the pics. Back and sides definitely sonic blue, top has a lovely mix of blue/green depending on the light. Anyway, might not be for all but I think it looks great.

Will sell to the forum for £2300 which I what I paid for it here. No offers as, in the current market, it's a decent price for a CS tele. Edit - drop to £2200 shipped.

Based in Edinburgh, collection massively preferred.

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Hold me, I feel faint. <3
    Call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4489
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    That is FIT. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Cheers. The pictures show on my PC but not my mobile, however yours does show on both. Confused!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4489
    Dan_Halen said:
    Cheers. The pictures show on my PC but not my mobile, however yours does show on both. Confused!
    You need to paste the links into the attachment tool (paper with folded corner), not into the body of the thread.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 905
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    tomajoha said:
    Cheers for the tag brother! This is an interesting one... 
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
    Oh my!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    That's a lovely guitar
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Lovely looking guitar. You say it's a light relic - the Certificate says it's a Closet Classic, which wouldn't be reliced, would it?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
    edited May 2021
    Hattigol said:
    Lovely looking guitar. You say it's a light relic - the Certificate says it's a Closet Classic, which wouldn't be reliced, would it?

Closet Classic
    No real playing wear, but more subtle indications of the ages, such as a finish that has lost its sheen, mild discoloration of plastic parts, metal hardware showing slight oxidation, and minor surface scratches on the body and headstock.

Light relic sounds like a perfectly reasonable description to me. It’s certainly not NOS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 786
    Looks great. GLWTS
    hyperben said:
    Hattigol said:

Closet Classic
    No real playing wear, but more subtle indications of the ages, such as a finish that has lost its sheen, mild discoloration of plastic parts, metal hardware showing slight oxidation, and minor surface scratches on the body and headstock.

Light relic sounds like a perfectly reasonable description to me. It’s certainly not NOS.
    Cheers Ben. Like you said, it's absolutely not NOS and the description there is pretty much exactly as I'd describe it. If some light aging (as per Fender's description) doesn't make it a light relic then I'm not sure what does.

I'll update regardless to avoid any confusion.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Calm down, folks. I didn't say it was NOS. I was just saying that if it's a Closet Classic, it might be helpful to put that in the advert so people know what it is. That's all.

Good luck with the sale. As I also said, it looks lovely.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
    Dan_Halen said:
    Cheers Ben. Like you said, it's absolutely not NOS and the description there is pretty much exactly as I'd describe it. If some light aging (as per Fender's description) doesn't make it a light relic then I'm not sure what does.

I'll update regardless to avoid any confusion.
    No worries. It’s nice to see you’ve offered it up for sale at the same price you paid for it too. Too many flippers round here these days. It looks like a great Tele! GLWTS ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    @Dan_Halen that’s a very cool guitar.  Just for everyone’s interest I don’t think these things are written in stone - I’ve got a closet classic which was a custom order so it has lacquer checking and rubbed down back of the neck because that was particularly asked for.
    Bump
    Bump and small pre-eBay price drop. 
    Bump
    Bump