Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• Cirrus;100528" said:
    A place called "the courthouse". Pub downstairs, 1920s ball room upstairs with stage lights and PA. They've been putting on gigs for a year or so, ran by 'the Baseline Studios" who are a local rehearsal/recording complex.<!</div>
    I know where that is. They used to have bands on there years ago.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Fez said:
    Mike_l
    Which DSL is yours mine is the 401 combo and has a parallel effects loop and doesn't seem to like a boost in the loop (the serial loop on the jcm 900 is much better) or is there some trick to the set up?

Cheers

Same, it doesn't like the MXR phaser/chorus/flanger in the loop, as, although it sounds perfect (to my ear) there is a massive volume drop. But it does like the MXR Microamp there. I actually prefer the sound of the MA as a volume boost to the amp's own lead sound.

I tend to put the MA's knob to around 50-60%, I did once put it up higher (75%) but the volume difference was massive.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1258
    JayGee said:
    The Bull, East Dereham (Suffolk). 

Third time this year so we must be doing something right... :-)

Lively night with the Christmas party season seemingly getting into full swing already

Mmmmmmmm! Drunk girls in party frocks dancing..... :-)

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Mike_l
    Thanks. I sometimes use a BYOC Triboost set to clean boost in the loop on my Blackstar HT20 and similarly you have to be careful how much boost you dial in or you get a massive level increase.

Cheers
    Don't touch that dial.
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    Disco, Funk, Soul, RnB, and some more Funk tonight at As You Like It in Jesmond, Ncl.

Groove Central Station that is..

First gig after 5 years or so.. Should be fun!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Catthan;104281" said:
    Disco, Funk, Soul, RnB, and some more Funk tonight at As You Like It in Jesmond, Ncl.

Groove Central Station that is..

First gig after 5 years or so.. Should be fun!
    Have a good one @Catthan and sounds like my sort of band! Will you be using the Lonestar?

All the best, Cos
    Kebabkid said:
    Have a good one @Catthan and sounds like my sort of band! Will you be using the Lonestar?

All the best, Cos
    Hey Cos, was quite good last night, at least after such a long absence from the gigging scene..
    Unfortunately the fat fucker (Lonestar) fried a power tube and a screen resistor after it OD'd on coffee in Wednesday's rehearsal and is at the doctor's atm,, I played the singer's twin which I hate (no luck with Fenders) but I'm grateful indeed that the guy brought it to the gig for me.

Gigging tonight also and will probably play the Badger. The Lonestar sounded quite good before it fried tho,,

All the best bud!
    Ouch @Catthan! Glad you had a backup
  • Playing in Stoke sub Hamden WMC tonight ! Thrilled !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Mmmmeeeee!!! Gonna try the fat-fucker (Mesa LSS) out too.. Venue: As you like it , Jesmond, Newcastle
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1556
    Playing tonight at The Boot Pub in Bracknell, probably take the 335 and a tweed deluxe amp for some nice vintagey tones and singing feedback...
    Oh forgot to put last nights gig in so I better be early with next weeks.
    Borrowed Time, 2 Tics & some other bands on Saturday afternoon (25th) 12 til 6pm
    Haemophiliac society fund raiser at the Goffs park social club, Crawley.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    Mrs berts gone down to darkest cornishland.  Some posh hotel spa thing near Wadebridge............. first of a season of 2 a month possibly more................. fingers x'd   for a good'un
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • A genuine 'back by popular demand' gig tonight. With Blinkwatch at The Copper Pot in Leamington. We had a great gig there in December, and people have been asking for us!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2014
    Edit: I am - depping again on bass for a Cairo East private function gig (Madness tribute) on Friday 7th Feb (Cowley Manor Hotel, Cotswolds) but damn Jct 16 of M25 is closed due to flooding, so looking at alternative routes. Thank God we're on at 10.30pm.

If in central London, you can catch us at The Alley Cat, Denmark St (aka Tin Pan Alley) on 20th March and it's £3 entry
    Not got one tonight but next Saturday (8th) we are at the Abbot in Redhill.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Got my first gig of the year at Admiral Hood pub in Mosterton, near Crewkerne.

We have not seen each other since last gig in middle of Dec, so rehearsel is less required than introductions !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Got my first gig of the year at Admiral Hood pub in Mosterton, near Crewkerne.

We have not seen each other since last gig in middle of Dec, so rehearsel is less required than introductions !

:)

We have our first gig of the year this coming Saturday...but we have a band meet up this Wednesday to make sure we are already sick of each other again by the time the gig comes around...:D

• We're on at the King Billy in Northampton tonight - get there for 8-ish if you want to see me fighting with my pedalboard again...
    <space for hire>
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    We're doing Brofest in Newcastle on Saturday. First time on stage together for 31 years - should be fun! :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom