Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    First gig with a new band this afternoon. Playing at The Boathouse, Shardlow Maria, near Derby with the Gerry Farrow Band from 5:15pm. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • First gig since Dec 2019 at a local charity music festival. It’s so good to be back and feeling that excitement and adrenaline.

Far Away Cows playing The Smithfield in Derby from 4pm today. Lovely old pub with real beer and five middle aged blokes making a racket. 
    Is it just me getting gigs then??

Playing the Noel Arms in Melton Mowbray tonight with Gun Money.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1 said:
    Looks that way. It helps if you're in 3 bands I  suppose.  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Rowby1 said:

Maybe! I do really appreciate this thread, please keep posting your gigs people, it fines me hope that more and more gigs are returning.

Agent Utah at Wirksworth beer festival tomorrow Saturday. Lots of bands in the lineup, we’re on at 7.

And then next Saturday we are headlining Melbourne beer fest, along with none other than @Rowby1 you and your Far Away Cows! I only know this because of this thread. Let’s actually say hello in real life.
    Rowby1 said:
    Looks that way. It helps if you're in 3 bands I  suppose.  =)
    Actually you may have a point.

darius said:
    Rowby1 said:

And then next Saturday we are headlining Melbourne beer fest, along with none other than @Rowby1 you and your Far Away Cows! I only know this because of this thread. Let’s actually say hello in real life.
    @darius yes, it’ll be nice to put a face to a name. Think Cows are on quite early because we’re doing a private function gig in the evening….

I’ve actually got four gigs next weekend!! Three with Cows and one with Gun Money. 
  • The Roughcut Rebels have a 45 min set in Calne, Wiltshire tomorrow afternoon as part of a charity event '7 bands in 7 hours'. Glad we're first and don't have to stress about the 15 mins swap over!
  • I've got four gigs over the next three weekends, wooooo! I am surprised, I thought there would be too many bands wanting to play and not enough venues/days in the week.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    Four gig weekend starts tonight for me with Far Away Cows playing at The Vine in Mickleover, Derby, tonight. 
  • Yep.  And a wedding gig on Saturday and only two weekend days off till xmas now.  Booked solid.

Never been busier.  Great responses.   More functions and private events too.

Doing our bit for herd immunity! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Our last gig was NYE 2019/20. Have had our NYE 20/21 carried forward to this year and possibly a Light Switch On for local council in Nov (still pending).
    Two gigs today. 3pm at Melbourne (Derbyshire) rugby club with Far Away Cows (@darius band Agent Utah closing the proceedings later) and then a private function in the evening.
  • uberscottuberscott Frets: 130
    Played a 2.5 hour set last night in Wokingham - first gig in nearly two years. Knackered this morning! So good to be back playing live. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    Forgot to post that we played the Old Star in Uttoxeter on Friday. As above it was our first outing since March 20. Very knackered all weekend as a result. The punters were very pissed and liked it. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Two Gun Money gigs this weekend. Tonight at a mini festival called Astonbury (Aston on Trent, War Memorial Hall). We’ll be on around 9ish. Then tomorrow afternoon at The Boathouse, Shardlow Marina from 5pm.
  • We are playing a church hall tonight, to a sold-out crowd of 40 people! You may laugh but church halls pay good PRS royalties :lol: 
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Off out in a bit to play at The Talbot in Calne, Wiltshire. First time there, but they put a lot of bands on so hoping it’s a good one 
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Next Sunday we are playing in Dorking at the Kings arms 3pm loads of bands on all weekend as it is the rescheduled Westival. 

Also we must be completely mad as we just agreed to play a short set on Burgess Hill bandstand......in December.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654

Just had to pull out of tomorrow night's gig after the singer tested positive for COVID (despite being double jabbed).  His wife tested positive on a PCR test earlier in the week but, despite showing symptoms, he tested negative.  Tonight he’s done two lateral flow tests and both have been positive.

I'm taking no chances.  I've read somewhere, probably here, that you can protect yourself from COVID by owning more guitars.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom