Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Lovely gig last night at The Barge, Seend (sorry…day late!). Thanks @Keefy for coming down…great to meet you at last!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2285
    Lovely gig last night at The Barge, Seend (sorry…day late!). Thanks @Keefy for coming down…great to meet you at last!
    The pleasure was mine, that’s a tidy band you have there.
    Keefy said:
    Cheers…we try our best! Play better when our hands aren’t icicles! 
    Keefy said:
    Cheers…we try our best! Play better when our hands aren’t icicles! 
    Yeah it was pretty freakin' cold!
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    Tonight? No.

This afternoon? Why yes! 

Opening up the River Stage at Cosmic Puffin on Mersea Island with The Significant Others[1] unplugged, eclectic, and probably quite loud…

[1] Yes, I’m fully aware that there are about a dozen bands of one kind or another using the name but our principal songwriter (and the project is very much his baby) seems very fond of it…
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3653
    JayGee said:

[1] Yes, I’m fully aware that there are about a dozen bands of one kind or another using the name but our principal songwriter (and the project is very much his baby) seems very fond of it…
    That's the t'interweb for you.  In the 'old days' you didn't know that there was another band using the same name unless you happened to be on the same bill or the other band 'made it' and started to appear in the press.

2nd one of the weekend tonight. The Roughcut Rebels are playing the newly refurbished and reopened The View, Westbury.
    This afternoon I’m down to play with Mr Love & Justice at the Richard Jefferies Museum in Swindon. It’s some kind of outdoor event including a tractor rally - hopefully that’s not a euphemism!

Chance of rain is 48% @1pm, 22% @4pm. No cover, no play!
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1276
    This afternoon, gig 2 with Far Away Cows this weekend. The Latch Lifter in Ilkeston, Derbyshire. We’ll be on about 5ish I think. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    It was yesterday but we won a slot for one of the biggest festivals around!
    We're probably playing in the same day as James and Bryan Adams.
    Here's a snippet of yesterday's show. 

Posting after the fact but last night True Reflections were playing at Grappenhall Beer Festival.  We'd played there in 2019 and went down well so we were immediately re-booked for the following year.  2020 was cancelled due to COVID so booking was switched to 2021 which was then also cancelled.  2022 comes along, we're going down great, helped no doubt by the audience consume large quantities of ale, then between sets 2 and 3 there's a pipe burst and water starts pouring through the ceiling - event had to be cut short :'(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 631
    Musicwolf said:
    Posting after the fact but last night True Reflections were playing at Grappenhall Beer Festival.  We'd played there in 2019 and went down well so we were immediately re-booked for the following year.  2020 was cancelled due to COVID so booking was switched to 2021 which was then also cancelled.  2022 comes along, we're going down great, helped no doubt by the audience consume large quantities of ale, then between sets 2 and 3 there's a pipe burst and water starts pouring through the ceiling - event had to be cut short :'(
    Smoke On The Water?
    When The Levee Breaks?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 100
    “Sitting Ducks” power trio Mount Pleasant pub Castle Greeley tomorrow night from 8-30pm then Codger duo at the Shakespeare Shardlow, Saturday night 
  • onyironyir Frets: 45
    My band "Collision" playing tomorrow night at Newton Arms in Blackpool
    Rock'n'roll tonight with Western Rock at the Good Intent in Brislington, Bristol.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Doing a town hall event Saturday, something to do with twinning, in early and set up followed by hurry up and wait. Probably end up doing about a hour running up to midnight. 
    True Reflections are performing at Costello's Bar in Warrington tonight.  Hopefully, this week, we'll get through the whole set without any pipe bursts.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 631
    Wedding gig tonight at Donington farmhouse - so technically we’re playing Download right.
    Monsters Of (Wedding) Rock!
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    I went to an open mic around the corner, that I didn't even realise was there until 45 minutes before it started - the Gladstone Arms in SE1. Nice little venue, lovely night, went very well. And I got a free beer out of it, which is better paid than I've been for a long time (especially at London prices). Will return. 
    Starbelly are returning to The Swan in Prenton (Birkenhead) tonight.