SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson The Paul

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 87
    @WBT2079  if you can't find what you are looking for, drop me a line.
    I have a 1979 walnut The Paul that I may possibly be persuaded to let go of.
    Not flawless or immaculate by any description, but an honest guitar, complete with it's T-tops. It appears in some random pics here from when @JerkMoans was talking about his then latest acquisition (it's the one on the left in the pics). https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/174282/ngd-the-paul-content/p1
    Have sent you a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794

We even did one with a little chambering and just an oil finish 

*guitargasm*
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    edited May 2021
    I have a 1985(?) The Paul. Was my first ever Gibson that I got back in the 90s. Wine red but then had the finish removed and and was all oiled up. Always meant to refinish it. It came with a black lined chainsaw case. Under my best friends stairs now I think. Haven't see that guitar in 10 years maybe! 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18738
    If buying one as a keeper, be prepared to have it refretted (and please get a "good refret")
    Late 70s /early 80s frets were often low and flat to begin with and after 40 years of abuse ......you get the picture

You are (not surprisingly) spot on about the frets. They seem to be very close relatives to the 'fretless wonder' type.
    Personally I like the style, but they aren't to everyone's taste  ;)
    WBT2079 said:
    @WBT2079  if you can't find what you are looking for, drop me a line.
    I have a 1979 walnut The Paul that I may possibly be persuaded to let go of.
    Not flawless or immaculate by any description, but an honest guitar, complete with it's T-tops. It appears in some random pics here from when @JerkMoans was talking about his then latest acquisition (it's the one on the left in the pics). https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/174282/ngd-the-paul-content/p1
    Have sent you a message.
    And replied :+1: 
    LPManic said:
    I have a 1985(?) The Paul. Was my first ever Gibson that I got back in the 90s. Wine red but then had the finish removed and and was all oiled up. Always meant to refinish it. It came with a black lined chainsaw case. Under my best friends stairs now I think. Haven't see that guitar in 10 years maybe! 
    Whoa, the later versions of The Paul (II) were essentially studios, but nothing wrong with that.
    Plus a protector case?  Get it back ASAP  :#
    Any clue as to roughly what "the price is right" might be?
    It was a tacky game show, the UK version of which was originally presented by Leslie Crowther.
    I was thinking more 'Give Us A Clue' with the legendary Lionel Blair  ;)
  • variplexivariplexi Frets: 108
    I think they also have 300k pots and changing to 500k does brighten the time just that little bit.
  • variplexivariplexi Frets: 108
    ...tone...
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    LPManic said:
    Whoa, the later versions of The Paul (II) were essentially studios, but nothing wrong with that.
    Plus a protector case?  Get it back ASAP  :#
    Yeah, I should probably ask him to bring it over sometime. It's not as if we don't talk everyday! Ha! I literally haven't played that guitar since 2010. Time flies. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Funnily enough @jimmyguitar - here's a pic that I took earlier today of that very same guitar. I took it with this thread in mind and I said to the seller that I'd post it on here. The seller's a lovely chap too - he bought a couple from me today, and I bought one from him.

Call me Dave.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    I’d still like to get back the The Paul that was stolen from a mate’s flat (along with a highly distinctive Selmer Zodiac Twin 30). That guitar had DiMarzios (PAF and Super Distortion) and it was a superb instrument.

Under rated Gibsons imho 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• LogieLogie Frets: 443
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    That auction one went for £911.  Seems a decent price.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 87
    It was a decent price, in the right ballpark for me as well. unfortunately for me 5 hr round trip in the wrong direction when I’m heading 4 hours north this week. My search will continue.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I think the example that I photographed yesterday is open to negotiation. Message me if you like, and I'll give you some details. No affiliation, just a nice chap to deal with and knows his guitars - and wants to sell the Paul!
    Call me Dave.
    WBT2079 said:
    It was a decent price, in the right ballpark for me as well. unfortunately for me 5 hr round trip in the wrong direction when I’m heading 4 hours north this week. My search will continue.
    Good luck :+1: 
  • rhinofeetrhinofeet Frets: 102
    There is one on strung out's website. No affiliation.