SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB FENDER TENOR TELE

ronkoronko Frets: 0
Hi all, looking to get hold of a fender tenor tele.
thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 619
    Where are you based? Re. the one I listed for sale: I'm no closer to enjoying the Tele shape, but I've been looking around and I can't find anything comparable for less than custom-build money, so I'm keeping it for now.
  • ronkoronko Frets: 0
    im in durham  , ah right , well if you decide to sell let me know
    Will do, and I'll keep an eye out for any others.
  • barnstorm said:
    Where are you based? Re. the one I listed for sale: I'm no closer to enjoying the Tele shape, but I've been looking around and I can't find anything comparable for less than custom-build money, so I'm keeping it for now.
    How about Eastwood models? I have Warren Ellis signature tenor and its mustang/musicmaster-alike shape feels very comfy.
    barnstorm said:
    How about Eastwood models? I have Warren Ellis signature tenor and its mustang/musicmaster-alike shape feels very comfy.
    Good chance I end up with one of those when/if I run into one in a shop, but I'm a bit wary of Eastwood's QC to buy online. Would want to make sure I was getting one that didn't need any work.
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 134
    barnstorm said:
    barnstorm said:
    Good chance I end up with one of those when/if I run into one in a shop, but I'm a bit wary of Eastwood's QC to buy online. Would want to make sure I was getting one that didn't need any work.
    If you're worried about that then happily Eastwood's return policy is great. 45 days return no questions asked. I actually bought a Tenor Dlx a few years back and didn't get on with it so returned after about a month with no issues. 
    I was looking at the ellis tenors and figured those were the only ones left to get a hold of but have seen a few people comment the necks are like bass necks rather than the thin fender tenor necks. why fender dont just do a normal run of these things ? the fact they sell out every time they do a bacth should say something
    Eastwood's return policy is great. 
    I know, I just don't want the disappointment and hassle if it does need to go back.
    ronko said:
    have seen a few people comment the necks are like bass necks rather than the thin fender tenor necks.
    Think that's in reference to the string spacing more than the neck profile – it is a lot wider at the bridge, though I think I'd probably quite like the extra couple of mm at the nut.

On the Map tenor Eastwood does the lazy thing of using the middle four of a six-string bridge and tailpiece, so the spacing on that one should be pretty much as you'd hope. I've always assumed that the Classic has more normal spacing at the bridge, too, but I don't know for sure.
    barnstorm said:
    Think that's in reference to the string spacing more than the neck profile – it is a lot wider at the bridge,

ah right , would still prefer a tenor tele then