SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Belated NGD now FS 42nd Street Broadway 6.

What's Hot
kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
Edit: Now for sale £850 posted
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT.

So I picked this up just over a week ago.

Its a 42nd street Broadway 6 Tele.

It’s everything you would expect a good telecaster to be. It’s very resonant with tons of sustain and so punchy. I could literally play any style with it which is the beauty of a good tele.

Its got a vintage radius which I thought might be an issue but it’s been absolutely fine. It’s incredibly easy to play and thanks to a good setup it doesn’t choke out on anything but extreme bends (which I never do)

It’s up there in the upper echelons of guitars I’ve had pass through my hands. 

Anyway here is the full spec:

Finish
Nitrocellulose paintwork, hand buffed, Lake Placid Blue over Inca Silver

Neck
Maple neck.
Neck thickness .85 at first fret, .94 at twelfth fret
Rosewood fretboard with clay dots, 7.25″ radius, 25.5″ scale with 21 vintage frets 6230 nickel silver fretwire (frets dressed)
1 5/8″ nut width, heel width 2 3/16″ single action truss rod, vintage correct adjuster at heel
Hand cut bone nut
Aged nickel Gotoh tuners, butterfly string guide

Body
Premium western red Alder, 1 3/4″ body thickness
Distressed nickel hardware, bridge with threaded saddles, thru body ferules, neckplate and screws, control plate, flat top barrel knobs, strap buttons, pickguard screws
3 ply aged mint green pickguard

Electrics
UK made Bare Knuckle Blackguard series '55 stagger with worn covers and coils, wound with 43 AWG enamel wire. Alnico V magnets. Bridge DC 6.8k, neck 7k
CTS pots, Sprague orange drop capacitor, Switchcraft Jack, CRL switch, cloth wire.

Pics:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1151
    That’s really nice, congratulations. Angela refinished my strat’s body and it’s great, hope to give one of these a try some day 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1953
    I need something like this as I'm missing a single coil guitar and want UK made. LPB is my favourite - Congrats!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7787
    That looks fab enjoy. On topic, try an ODR-1 on the bridge pickup, huge.
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited June 2021
    This is now for sale due to being stung for a hefty bill for a new combi boiler. It has been moved to the classifieds. Price is £850 posted.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3767
    Wow. Gorgeous! 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • This looks remarkably like the same guitar. Yours for £1400!! Bargain  :o

https://www.facebook.com/1802731646410371/posts/4792099910806848/?d=n
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1653
    Did it sell on here? Wondering if Mr Protone lurks around these parts.
  • CFHCFH Frets: 457
    I bought it on here and sold it locally for a little less than I paid for it. The guy I sold it to must have done a deal with Protone!
  • CFH said:
    I bought it on here and sold it locally for a little less than I paid for it. The guy I sold it to must have done a deal with Protone!
    Yeah I guess so. I chuckled to myself when I seen the price protone were asking. I paid much less than that when I bought it 2nd hand from RichTone music.
  • StratacusStratacus Frets: 1
    Hey.  Old thread but thought i would give an update.  This is now mine after i brought it off the guy who brought it from Protone  i paid not much more than what Richtone was asking. I cannot believe how many hands this has been through since Vintage and Rare in Bath originally had it for sale for £1350 new two years ago. Ih an amazing guitar.. I've owned many Fender custom shops and this up there with the best, despite being a UK version of a Nash.
    How come you all sold it? Nice to follow the history of a great guitar!