SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

sold: Yamaha SA-2200

What's Hot
danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
Yamaha SA-2200
I've been on a bit of a 335 quest recently and now have too many 335s in the house, so offering up my 2017 SA-2200 in Violin Burst. It's about 7.9lbs, has recently had a full setup, light level on a couple of high frets and polish along with a lightweight Gotoh aluminium tailpiece and ABR-1 installed. The guitar is currently set up with 12s flat wound JS112 Thomastik Infeld strings which is pretty much what I have on all of my guitars.

It's in good overall condition, couple of play marks here and there and some hairline scratches on clearcoat but nothing particularly inconsistent with four years of play.

It's a brilliant instrument and as good as the recent Guitar World review says. 

Below are the full specs and spiel from PMT, though I have no idea if in 2017 it was Sycamore or Maple that they were making these from.

Yamaha SA2200; a semi-acoustic guitar from Yamaha featuring a solid Mahogany centre-block for enhanced presence and sustain. The guitar is in Swansea, would prefer a meet-up or collection but happy to post if necessary.

Semi-Acoustic with Centre Block

Yamaha Quality Construction

Yamaha have proven time and again that they deliver instruments that perform well beyond the expectations many would have based on their relatively low price point and the SA2200 is no exception!

Allowing for fantastic presence and attack and bringing its own beautiful aesthetic, the body of the SA2200 is made of laminated figured Maple which is supported by a centre block.

The SA2200’s one piece Mahogany neck has an extremely comfortable profile and features traditional set-neck construction.

An extremely playable Ebony fretboard adorns the neck, offering a lovely, bright quality to the guitar’s tone while also being incredibly hard-wearing; sure to be in great condition even after years of playing.

Powerful Electronics

With an extremely punchy tone, these humbuckers deliver an incredibly powerful performance that is great for hard and classic rock, handling the grunt needed for roaring blues licks and a clarity reserved for jazz.

Providing extra versatility and diversity in your tones; the coils in these Alnico V humbuckers can be split with the tone knobs so you can enjoy single coil style sounds and a three-way pickup selector switch allows you to toggle between a series of sonic performances.

Versatile Sound with Great Looks

With is combination of a semi-acoustic body and solid Mahogany centre-block, the SA2200 can deliver all the sounds you’d want from smooth jazz tones to the full bodied and aggressive tones you’d expect from a solid body guitar.

The figured laminated Maple body and split-block inlays of the Ebony fingerboard along with the classic construction and f-hole design result in an absolutely beautiful guitar.

Coming to you in a fitted hard case, the Yamaha SA2200 is ready to take on the road with beautiful looks and incredible sound to match.

Yamaha SA2200 Semi-Acoustic Guitar Features:

• Colour: Violin Sunburst 
  • Construction: Set Neck 
  • Scale Length: 24 ¾” (628.7mm) 
  • Fingerboard: Ebony 
  • Radius: 13 ¾” (350mm) 
  • Frets: 22 
  • Body: Laminated Figured Maple 
  • Neck: Premium Grade Mahogany 
  • Bridge: Six-Saddle Fixed Type, Bar Tailpiece 
  • Pickups: 2 x Alnico V Humbucker 
  • Pickup Switch: 3-Position Toggle 
  • Controls: Front Volume, Rear Volume, Front Tone, Rear Tone with Push-Push Switch

£1390 including the additional bridge and tailpiece. More photos here https://ibb.co/album/35Ltf3

2017 Fender Classic 50s FSR Strat in Fiesta Red that I got as part of a deal but won't be keeping. It's a nice Strat with a vintage voice, not as dark/midrangey as a 1981 Strat I recently had. It's a difficult colour to capture, a sort of cream of tomato soup red. Hank Marvin vibes.

It's got gold hardware all around and not a lot of wear to mention. Comes in its original tweed case with paperwork.

Here's the official blurb from Fender

For guitarists who must have the instrument’s original-era tone, look and feel, the Classic Series ‘50s Stratocaster epitomizes the guitar in the decade of its debut, with unmistakable early Strat® style and sparkling sound. With its authentic vintage-style features and finishes, everything about it takes you back to the time of diners, “Ike for President,” cars with fins, a wild new kind of music called rock ‘n’ roll and an upstart little Southern California company called Fender.

Specifications

• Body Finish: Polyester
  • Body Material: Alder
  • Body Shape: Stratocaster®
  • Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo, Gold
  • Pickups: American Vintage '56 Pickups
  • Case/Gig Bag: Pro Series Tweed Case
  • Color: Fiesta Red
  • Configuration: SSS
  • Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
  • Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
  • Fingerboard Material: Maple
  • Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
  • Fret Size: Vintage-Style
  • Hardware: Finish Gold
  • Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
  • Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
  • Neck Shape: Soft "V"
  • Number of Frets: 21
  • Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
  • Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Orientation: Right-Hand
  • Other Features: Aged Knobs and Switch Tip, Vintage Styling, Synthetic Bone Nut
  • Pickguard: 1-Ply White
  • Position Inlays: Black Dots
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
  • Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
  • Strings: Fender® USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
  • Switching: 5-Position Blade; Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
  • Tremolo Arm: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
  • Truss Rod: Standard
  • Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style

IMG-3829
£690 more photos here: https://ibb.co/album/5MkKc9

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    a beauty of a guitar. Fred is a great guy to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Agreed on both counts! GLWTS. 
    Call me Dave.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    I'm sure someone was after one of these on this very forum,
    (may have been a month ago so they may be sorted.)
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    mark123 said:
    I'm sure someone was after one of these on this very forum,
    (may have been a month ago so they may be sorted.)
    Thanks Mark, I think he may have decided on something else in the meantime. Thanks @db1 and @brooom :)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    The best Japanese guitar money can buy (IMO).

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    Fred, that is pretty damn brilliant.
    Thanks both, updated with Classic 50s Strat
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    A lesson to us all on how to sell guitars. Apart from @DB1 who is excused. I’ve spent the last months putting together something similar to that cracking Strat of yours. Seeing the future would be a neat trick....
    Andy79 said:
    A lesson to us all on how to sell guitars. Apart from @DB1 who is excused. I’ve spent the last months putting together something similar to that cracking Strat of yours. Seeing the future would be a neat trick....
    Cheers Andy :) morning bump for a couple of very nice guitars. I’ll try and record a video today of the yamaha
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    What differences (assuming benefits ?) did changing the bridge and tailpiece make ...?
    edited June 2021
    lento said:
    What differences (assuming benefits ?) did changing the bridge and tailpiece make ...?
    A marginal reduction in weight, more clearance behind the bridge from the strings which means the tailpiece can be at the lowest point against the body. Plus I prefer the look of the ABR1 as opposed to TOM. Tonally? Not really sure, I did not do any A/B comparisons. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Yamaha withdrawn, bump for Fender
    Happy Monday bump
    Still here :)