Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28412
    Jfingers said:
     I know four fifths of fuck all about football

I think I've heard you on some of the post match phone-ins.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24996
    TTony said:
    Jfingers said:
     I know four fifths of fuck all about football

I think I've heard you on some of the post match phone-ins.
    At least half the people who call 606 on 5 Live are certifiably insane.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Stop whingeing, clock off early next week, hole up at the caff or pub and enjoy the game: England will make it past Germany. Haven't I been clear enough? England will beat the Germans. I might not have been clear enough yet. Inglaterra va a ganarle a Alemania. Les Anglais gangeront Allemagne.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2978
    Jfingers said:
    I'd replace the out of form Kane with Lingard and whoever he wants to deliver to, and as a child, I was Spurs. Kane is fuck all without Son, and he should donate his multi millions to Son and thank him for his career.
    The comment about a controller stuck behind a sofa cushion confirmed it for me. I know four fifths of fuck all about football, but I've watched England games for years, and several others this week.

IMHO, Sterling as our top goalscorer does not deserve the abuse he gets, as I have been saying since way before this.

I haven't seen a team who couldn't beat the current England side yet.

Rashford looked crap, obviously distracted. I'd have Foden, Lingard and Mount certainly in the starting 11 if Covid free. Southgate has been using the Mourinho park the bus method and it's boring as fuck.

Well it helps if people score goals against England if they want to win, and no-one has managed that yet.
    remembering the past is not indicator of the future 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    If England win the Euro thing, their achievement will be diminished due to the fact that they played most of their games at Wembley.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Rocker said:
    If England win the Euro thing, their achievement will be diminished due to the fact that they played most of their games at Wembley.

Probably diminished because they're English .. everyone hates them .. :-) :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    I note that fans returning from away matches are bringing Covid home with them.  Stupid decision, mainly due to weak governments, to allow fans to attend football matches in the time of a pandemic.  Did nobody learn anything from Cheltenham last year?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28412
    Rocker said:
    0808 590 9693

HTH.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    kuro said:
     I do wonder what they could have achieved with a better coach.

They're the number 1 ranked team in the world, seems they're doing something right.

Doesn't mean anything without winning something.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15376
    tFB Trader
    England v Germany early memories 

I was to young to remember 66 - I was only 6 

Hard to know what I recall of 1970 - I was 10 - I remember watching it but at that age how much of it stuck with me v repeated video clips that you acquire over the years - Some suggest we had a better team in 1970 than 1966 and just got unlucky in that match, as many felt we were destined to play Brazil again in the final 

So the first game I really recall was 1972 and we were destroyed via a 'hot shot' called Gunter Netzer

I can't recall anything of the 0-0 in Spain in 82

So next up was Italia 90 and the rest of the matches are far more recent

So from what I can recall, other than the 5-1 in Munich it has a effectively been a case of 2nd best, certainly in competitions and certainly 2nd best by the time we get to the elimination part of the contest - So let's hope we can turn a played 11 won 3, into played 11 won 4 in competitive matches
    TTony said:
    Rocker said:
    0808 590 9693

HTH.

I appear to be out of the loop here but what are you talking about?

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10577
    Rocker said:
    Nah. It’ll be glorious. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2978
    edited June 2021
    Rocker said:
    Holland have played most of their games in Amsterdam, Denmark in Copenhagen, Italy in Rome , Spain in Madrid 

Oh yeah and Scotland too

• russpm said:
    Jfingers said:

I haven't seen a team who couldn't beat the current England side yet.
    How about Croatia, Czech Republic and Scotland!
    Yeah stop being such a hater jfingers. It's coming home, and you better believe it...

Until it doesn't come home, then we can discuss who/what to blame for it other than a lack of talent.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    I did a gig the night we lost to Germany on pens.  The set before the game was great. Everyone was on a high. Hitting the stage after the pens was properly shit for everyone. 
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    Fretwired said:
    Rocker said:

Probably diminished because they're English .. everyone hates them .. :-) :-)
    Execpt Rice and Grealish, they're Irish, or at least they were once ;-)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    rze99 said:
    I did a gig the night we lost to Germany on pens.  The set before the game was great. Everyone was on a high. Hitting the stage after the pens was properly shit for everyone. 
    Our drummer was doing a drum roll for every penalty taker's run up, and I was doing a kind of descending laughing noise on the guitar when they missed. 

That was in Aberystwyth though, so it went down pretty well.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 953
    edited June 2021
    My prediction of the UK v Germany soccer game is that one team will win with a magnificent touch down. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    Jalapeno said:
    I have a sinking feeling 0:0, and we go out on Penalties ... yet again
    That would be my best guess. 

Not even 9am on a Saturday morning and MrsTheWeary ( who has never been to a match in her life) is explaining to me the tactics Southgate should be using on Tuesday. My football knowledge isn’t great but managing the England team has become like Brexit or Covid and everyone thinks they are an expert. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    sev112 said:
    Rocker said:
    Holland have played most of their games in Amsterdam, Denmark in Copenhagen, Italy in Rome , Spain in Madrid 

Oh yeah and Scotland too

I'm fairly confident Spain have been playing out of Sevilla?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.