Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    I wouldn’t have put a penny on the Swiss but wow well done and what a game to watch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    Imagine if the Swiss and Croatians went through - That would have been great.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    Better team won. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Today has been the best day of football so far.  It will take some beating.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7576
    The thing is I can imagine our turgid brand of anti football frustrating some of these expansive teams allowing us to nick a 1-0. 

Germany unfortunately are probably the most pragmatic of the big sides so will frustrate us in equal measure no doubt but if we get past them I genuinely think we have a chance despite playing such unattractive football atm 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone think France should've lost a group game or two in order to get an easier first knockout game?
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    Delighted the Swiss went through. As a United fan, it pisses me off every time I see Pogba in a French shirt and see how well he can play. 

Still felt sorry for Mbappe though. He's still a kid at 22 and I suspect that very few of us will ever know what it's like to feel like you have let your whole country down.

What a night though. Now bring on the dirge!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    C'mon people lets get some positive vibes going for tonight...........negative thoughts can lead to it becoming a reality....
    Come on England!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    russpm said:
    C'mon people lets get some positive vibes going for tonight...........negative thoughts can lead to it becoming a reality....
    Come on England!
    I actually think we’ll win in normal time.  
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10359
    As I don't really support England I'll be happy with an entertaining match to be honest! Last night set that bar quite high though
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    Prediction for tonight in chez Mgaw is England 4  Germany 11.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    I reckon the Germans woke up this morning terrified at the prospect of facing the 4th best team in the world (according to FIFA). 

Germany aren’t even in the top 10! 

Easy nights work. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    Germany have been told they're not allowed to train on the pitch at Wembley pre game as it's been raining and they don't want them to spoil the grass haha.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    Depends who’s in the teams. If Saka is playing I’ll cheer him on, if it’s only Gnabry I’ll support the Germans.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    I'd love to be optimistic, unfortunately what I've seen so far has led me to believe that the majority of folk are right. It's going to be a rough night of awful, turgid, sideways passing, with no urgency or will to win. I didn't watch the first group game for that reason, I had friends saying it was an alright game and I should watch the others, wish I hadn't, same old boring predictable dirge. What happened to that dynamic, explosive team that won the under 21 world cup? How do we always end up the same, it's been like this for years with numerous different coaches. It's actually really weird!!!

I have no idea who will win as we can always nick a goal here and there, we have the capability but no will to use it. It will be a shit match unless Germany turn it on and score a few though, nothing like last night's games anyway. As ever, I'll keep a tiny glimmer of hope we can do well, eternally disappointed though aren't we? I don't even want them to win as such, I'd just like to see them play well and make the effort the Swiss did or the Croatians. Will never happen.........

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• chris78chris78 Frets: 10170
    russpm said:
    Come on England!
    We should beat Germany on paper. I look at their line up and they don't have many players that I'd put in a combined XI. 

The only reason I'm nervous is because of Southgate. I'm already reading he's going back 3 tonight. All the attacking talent we have and he wants to play 7 defensively minded players. Beggars belief.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    russpm said:
    Come on England!
    Be careful what you wish for, it's usually England's drab negativity which gets them through these sorts of games.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    Following via the radio the last couple of days. It's a bit crap, I'll have to watch a load of hilights at some point. Every reference to the England games says 0-0 goes to penalties. I think Southgate would consider that a job well done really given the style they play. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11669
    This tournament had been going on for a while now and I can't believe I'm the only person who thinks that Patrick Vieira looks like Squiddly Diddly.

• RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    I am surprised and uneasy at the general sense of negativity about the England team and the game against Germany today.

I hope and expect both teams will play to win and not play to 'not lose' the game.  France and Croatia both played to win yesterday, each scoring three goals.  Both teams can hold their heads up even if three goals was not enough to win either game.

So support the team and the manager.  The manager has taken the team to where they are so he is doing something right.

FWIW, I think England will win 3 - 2.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum