Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    Rocker said:
    I am surprised and uneasy at the general sense of negativity about the England team and the game against Germany today.

I hope and expect both teams will play to win and not play to 'not lose' the game.  France and Croatia both played to win yesterday, each scoring three goals.  Both teams can hold their heads up even if three goals was not enough to win either game.

So support the team and the manager.  The manager has taken the team to where they are so he is doing something right.

FWIW, I think England will win 3 - 2.
    You're not wrong. Easy to forget now how we crushed teams such as Kosovo, Montenegro and Bulgaria in the qualifying stages.

We've scored two goals in our three tournament matches so far. Supporting the team and also thinking that their style of play is based on dull, defensive negativism are not mutually exclusive.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 991
    scrumhalf said:
    I can't believe I'm the only person who thinks that Patrick Vieira looks like Squiddly Diddly.

I wouldn't say they're dead ringers

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15376
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Delighted the Swiss went through. As a United fan, it pisses me off every time I see Pogba in a French shirt and see how well he can play. 

Still felt sorry for Mbappe though. He's still a kid at 22 and I suspect that very few of us will ever know what it's like to feel like you have let your whole country down.

What a night though. Now bring on the dirge!
    Your going a bit soft aren't you

400K a weeks wage and he wants more and he can't hit that huge target from 36 feet away - I'm sure he'll be over it in a day or so when he gets a new exciting deal

Agree about Pogba - I suppose Arsenal fans might say the same about Xhaka - But is it the player and his attitude, or the manager and how he is asked to play at MAN U - maybe a bit of both 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    AlbertC said:
    scrumhalf said:
    I can't believe I'm the only person who thinks that Patrick Vieira looks like Squiddly Diddly.

and now he's the new Crystal Palace manager apparently
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15376
    tFB Trader
    The knocking England bit - I can see both sides - Plus side is that we have not conceded a goal - Only team to do so - Bad news is we've barely had a shot and only scored 2 - And the excitement level the team has created with the way they play has been poor

I would love us to turn it on and bring in a good 3-0 or 3-1 win and it all clicks 

Only just found out today our previous wins in the knockout stage in the European championship is not good - Zero to be precise based on a win in 90 mins or ET - So let's change that - On paper we are in the better 1/2 of the draw to get to the final - So the opportunity is there - Let's play well and take it 

Bring it on
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    Which will it be?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7576
    Lev said:
    AlbertC said:
    scrumhalf said:

and now he's the new Crystal Palace manager apparently
    Which one ?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    De Boer quits as Netherlands  boss:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57656897 ;
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2509
    I don’t follow football, so my opinion is probably invalid….

…. but WTF is so special about Harry Kane?
  • FarleyUK said:
    I don’t follow football, so my opinion is probably invalid….

…. but WTF is so special about Harry Kane?
    He scores goals for a slightly above average Premier League team. Also used to do the same for England.

Now he's no longer wanting to play for said slightly above average Premier League team, he doesn't seem to actually want to turn up for England either.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    I don’t think I ever saw a game that had fewer attempts at scoring goals. England slightly shaded it, Sterling looks lively and likely to do something. But he is the only real threat to a nil nil score. 

I might have been a bit optimistic in suggesting a 3 - 2 win for England. Still I am going for a low scoring England win. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    Turgid. 
  • Not a bad half. Kane maybe could've done better, as could Maguire with a couple of headers.

I also can't for the life of me understand why the ref is letting the Germans get away with scything down England players, waving play on and then not coming back to book the German players.

As soon as Kalvin Phillips gives one back, play is stopped and a card comes out.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2509
    Not a bad half. Kane maybe could've done better, as could Maguire with a couple of headers.

I also can't for the life of me understand why the ref is letting the Germans get away with scything down England players, waving play on and then not coming back to book the German players.

As soon as Kalvin Phillips gives one back, play is stopped and a card comes out.
    Because we’re the baddies. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7576
    We have so little threat going forward . Why isn’t Mount or Foden on ? Kane isn’t in it
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13889
    Nitefly said:
    De Boer quits as Netherlands  boss:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57656897 ;
    Well they did roll over with barely a whimper FFS.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13889
    It's going to pens.  I've started drinking lots of wine.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 355
    Including the goalkeeper and midfield we have effectively fielded 8 defensive minded players. Wasn’t expecting much goal mount opportunity . Southgate is too risk averse
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3411
    edited June 2021
    Ooh, surprised to see Allen Hinds has had a change in career and now manages the German National Team

• Never doubted Kane for a moment. Always turns up for the big occasions ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom