Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10577
    edited June 2021
    Woop woop!

Funny to see the armchair analysts giving their opinions just a few minutes too soon. lol 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    Fuck !  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    Hattigol said:
    Delighted the Swiss went through. As a United fan, it pisses me off every time I see Pogba in a French shirt and see how well he can play. 

Still felt sorry for Mbappe though. He's still a kid at 22 and I suspect that very few of us will ever know what it's like to feel like you have let your whole country down.

What a night though. Now bring on the dirge!
    Your going a bit soft aren't you

400K a weeks wage and he wants more and he can't hit that huge target from 36 feet away - I'm sure he'll be over it in a day or so when he gets a new exciting deal

Agree about Pogba - I suppose Arsenal fans might say the same about Xhaka - But is it the player and his attitude, or the manager and how he is asked to play at MAN U - maybe a bit of both 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    Football, eh?  bloody Hell. 

Well done England!
  • Get in.

I loved that. The shithousery timewasting from Pickford, the fact that our only two attacks in the second half resulted in goals, the way England fans all jeered at Muller for missing.

On a serious note, credit where it's due, Jack Grealish changed the game when he came on. Had the beating of that Ginter donkey and set up the second. I hate to admit it because he's a Villa b****rd but he played really well.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    Boring boring Arsenal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    IvanMC said:
    Stop whingeing, clock off early next week, hole up at the caff or pub and enjoy the game: England will make it past Germany. Haven't I been clear enough? England will beat the Germans. I might not have been clear enough yet. Inglaterra va a ganarle a Alemania. Les Anglais gangeront Allemagne.
    All right; I said it not to pour out optimism but because I was absolutely sure at the time. England have been a hugely better squad than Germany for a couple of years now. Solid. Strangely enough, the Germans have been on the wane. And there's that longing in the England players...
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11669
    We won.

And for those saying it was dull, it was defensive, it was blah blah blah, the Germans didn't exactly rip us to shreds with skilled attacking play for ninety minutes. 

It was a team performance. And you hsve to give credit to Southgate and the players. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5222
    edited June 2021
    I’m am 66 years old and have been watching Germany beat us in tournaments since 1970, so rejoice in the result, come on England! Stones and McGuire were solid, Sterling excellent, Phillips ferocious, Grealish always looked likely to do something, Saka the same, Pickford made a couple of great saves, Shaw was very good and put in a great cross for the first goal, everyone else was merely very good! Imho.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2804
    Poor David Beckham, having to sit next to Ed Sheeran.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15376
    tFB Trader
    Credit to Southgate on the subs - I was questioning the line up with no Mount, Grealish and/or Foden - Our exciting youth/future etc

You'd have put money on Muller scoring - Bizarre that in all his world cup scoring success he has not scored a goal for Germany in the Euros

Not flamboyant - Probably to cagey overall - But right now who cares - Can we be expansive as/when required ?

Work hard now and our best chances to reach the final for many a tournament

Belgium v Italy looks the best match to watch 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15376
    tFB Trader
    cruxiform said:
    Poor Ed Sheeran, having to sit next to David Beckham.
    fixed that for you
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    cruxiform said:
    Poor David Beckham, having to sit next to Ed Sheeran.

Especially when the singing started.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    So, does this mean Southgate has got a proper game plan for this tournament after all? Are they genuinely going out there and playing to the Manager’s plan? Or, is it a bit of good luck for a change?
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 788
    Not a classic by any means but I really enjoyed that. Well done England.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    So, does this mean Southgate has got a proper game plan for this tournament after all? Are they genuinely going out there and playing to the Manager’s plan? Or, is it a bit of good luck for a change?

I'd say a bit of both. You always a little bit of good luck on your side.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Interesting that all of group F - with 3 big teams in, are all out after the round of 16. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    We have so little threat going forward . Why isn’t Mount or Foden on ? Kane isn’t in it
    Hmmmm
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25001
    Interesting that all of group F - with 3 big teams in, are all out after the round of 16. 
    The Group of Delayed Death.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 953
    edited June 2021
    Deserved win in the end, even as a neutral i felt great pride! It was negative at times though - on a few occasions a player would have been clean through on goal but somehow the ball would find its way pinged back to the keeper. Sterling was guilty of this on a few occasions but his goal was very well taken. Good to see Kane on the scoresheet as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him bag a brace in the next game.