Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I'm just glad we're not playing Sweden.

It's really tricky trying to beat the flat pack four....
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    proggy said:

Badum tish! : )

They were also one of our bogey teams until last world cup.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    munckee said:
    proggy said:

Badum tish! : )

They were also one of our bogey teams until last world cup.

How true. I'd still worry about meeting them, like I would Iceland.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15377
    tFB Trader
    Going to be few En-ger-land fans in Rome - Certainly not travelling from the UK 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2978
    Something’s wrong with the tele? I’ve checked all the channels and I can’t and footy

just blokes hitting balls at each other 

has the world ended ?
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 679
    sev112 said:
    Something’s wrong with the tele? I’ve checked all the channels and I can’t and footy

has the world ended ?
    No, the world has not ended, England won a football match.... That's all. .
    But by listening and reading all media today you would be forgiven if you think the world had ended.
    It's been non-stop, they even mentioned it in the Tennis Commentary FFS......
    The BBC even had a roving reporter in Berlin asking locals what they thought of the result......Seriously poor,   Not Classy..... Gloating big time..... Its kinda pathetic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Nothing to do with England mate, the whole of Europe has been playing every day for  couple fo weeks, I have withdrawal syndrome 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Of course, no different from when Scotland managed a 0-0 draw against the apparently worst team in Europe a week or so ago ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 679
    sev112 said:
    Nothing to do with England mate, the whole of Europe has been playing every day for  couple fo weeks, I have withdrawal syndrome 

OK, apologies. .. My mistake.
     I'm not much into football and just think the coverage is a bit (way) over the top..... Why the reference to Scotland.?....l'm from Hamburg. 
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1782
    sev112 said:

has the world ended ?
    If you flick through the channels there's blokes falling off bikes on one of the others.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    sev112 said:

OK, apologies. .. My mistake.
     I'm not much into football and just think the coverage is a bit (way) over the top..... Why the reference to Scotland.?....l'm from Hamburg. 
    In that case, suck it up!  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28419
    McSwaggerty said:

It's been non-stop, they even mentioned it in the Tennis Commentary FFS......
    Well, at least they had something interesting to talk about during a tennis match for once.

Guy on the left hits the ball towards the guy on the right and it clears the net in the middle.
    Guy on the right hits the ball towards the guy on the left and it clears the net in the middle.
    Guy on the left hits the ball towards the guy on the right and it clears the net in the middle.
    Guy on the right hits the ball towards the guy on the left and it clears the net in the middle.
    Oh, look, a pigeon.
    Guy on the left hits the ball towards the guy on the right and it hits the net.  What a shame.
    OK, let's go again.
    Wow, there's another pigeon.
    Guy on the right hits the
    Oh, hang on, is that Cliff Richard????
    Now, where was I ....

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2509
    ronnyb said:
    sev112 said:

has the world ended ?
    If you flick through the channels there's blokes falling off bikes on one of the others.
    It’s a sign of the times. 

*ahem*
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10577
    edited June 2021
    I do think England will beat Ukraine. I don’t see a huge amount from them that scares me and I think they’re overachieving. 

Looking forward to the game.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    I'm not taking anything away from the victory, which was obviously fabulous, but I still think we are dull, plodding and largely unadventurous in comparison to other teams.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    Hattigol said:
    I'm not taking anything away from the victory, which was obviously fabulous, but I still think we are dull, plodding and largely unadventurous in comparison to other teams.
    Although dull, plodding and largely unadventurous are kinda working so far. Anyway, that's enough about my sex life, back to the football...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Missus munckee taking great delight on non match days by asking "any football tonight?" then cackling like a witch when I glumly say no.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28419
    munckee said:
    Missus munckee taking great delight on non match days by asking "any football tonight?" then cackling like a witch when I glumly say no.
    Record a few matches @munckee to watch (again) on the off-nights.  
    ;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    munckee said:
    Record a few matches @munckee to watch (again) on the off-nights.  
    ;)

I’ve started watching the games where we’ve been knocked out of tournaments to remind myself how it inevitably ends!!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Hattigol said:
    Playing to your strengths is the best thing to do, they'd be mad to let games run away from them at a pace they can't handle. 

I like Southgate, I think he's an honest, astute coach who handles the pressure very well, and he knows they can't hang with the top teams if he lets them play the flowing game they want to.