Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1532
    I have England in the work draw so they better win!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1532
    ewal said:
    And it was never a penalty

How many vintage guitars could the referee buy from the money he got for that penalty?

I always thought that cheating your way into a final was more an Italian tradition!
    eh ? 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    ewal said:
    He told me to wait until the full-time whistle, so I turned it off. Night, night. Enjoy the media frenzy...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxO5Yv0KfA
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    It's those poor Jocks I feel sorry for.

That's another month's heroin money they'll have to waste on an Italy shirt....
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Considering we were convinced we’d never get to a final again, we’ve done it. Let’s do it. I’m elated. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    I can't understand the logic of changing a system that's snuffed out any threat, to one that gives Denmark more of the ball while we sit back. 
    Yeah, can’t argue too much as it worked, but you don’t have to sit back and park the bus if you are in control.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6516
    I do hope the Danes flying home tomorrow are going to be nice. Danes are normally very nice, ever since they put that whole raping and pillaging thing behind them.

As I'll be sharing a plane with them, though, I may pretend to be Scotch for the duration, just in case they're grumpy.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    Bloody hell. I’m 56. I was one at time but my Dad told me the story. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13365
    proggy said:
    It's those poor Jocks I feel sorry for.

That's another month's heroin money they'll have to waste on an Italy shirt....
    Into a major final for the first time in forever, first thought is Scotland.

Absolutely fucking tragic. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    A type of whiskey?
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    The officials got the penalty wrong and anyway plat should have been stopped as there was a second football on the pitch, Sterling ran by it before the penalty award. How VAR missed all that is hard to credit. 

England were the best team and deserve to go through. The Danes can feel (rightly) that they were cheated out of the chance of a penalty shootout for a place in the final. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    Denmark were fabulous. *

*I have Danish extended family and was there a couple of years ago for a lovely visit. They are lovely beautiful role model leader people. Yes really. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13365
    Rocker said:
    The officials got the penalty wrong and anyway plat should have been stopped as there was a second football on the pitch, Sterling ran by it before the penalty award. How VAR missed all that is hard to credit. 

England were the best team and deserve to go through. The Danes can feel (rightly) that they were cheated out of the chance of a penalty shootout for a place in the final. 
    On the plus side, at least England can never again complain about diving foreigners or dodgy refereeing....

I'm not a fan of VAR and never have been. That penalty tonight was the final straw for me - if you're going to have a howling decision like that in extra time in a major semi final then its time to bin the whole sorry enterprise for good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    Bollocks to the bitterness...

WE'RE IN THE FINAL!!  <3 <3 <3
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Honestly.....

What a game. Lack of  quality of the Danish bench swung it for me. After the subs it was all England. Softest penalty ever. Sitting on the lead was risky... But a first final in my life time.

I'll take that!

Let's hope for some luck against Italy too!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Aahhhhhhhhhh. I see.

I was wondering how the faithful were going to put England down if they won and got through to the final.

Now I see. “Cheated it”, “VAR gifted it to them”, and even “bribed the ref to get them through”

Sad. So very very sad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    Bollocks to the bitterness...

WE'RE IN THE FINAL!!  <3 <3 <3
    I know. Let’s goooooo. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    edited July 2021

I thought Kane should have had a penalty to be fair, so don’t feel too bad about the very soft one that was given.

Denmark could have won on penalties apart from the dodgy decision, but the better team won and I think it would have been harsh to have lost on penalties.

Denmark were great, credit to them but the better team is in the final.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10171
    Ridiculous. Clear penalty on Kane earlier. These things even themselves out. England dominated and fully deserved it. 
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    Honestly.....

What a game. Lack of  quality of the Danish bench swung it for me. After the subs it was all England. Softest penalty ever. Sitting on the lead was risky... But a first final in my life time.

I'll take that!

Let's hope for some luck against Italy too!
    To be fair Denmark were down to ten men in extra time, Jensen one of the subs went off injured and they had already used their subs. I'm not sure it was picked up by the ITV commentary (I was watching on Irish TV). England deserved the win on general play but I can also understand Denmark feeling hard done by on the big decisions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom