What's Hot

Comments

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011
    FUCKING YES
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    proggy said:
    It's those poor Jocks I feel sorry for.

That's another month's heroin money they'll have to waste on an Italy shirt....
    Into a major final for the first time in forever, first thought is Scotland.

Absolutely fucking tragic. 
    It wasn't my first thought and it was just a joke. Nothing 'fucking tragic' about it.

I wonder about this site sometimes. Post a joke, and someone gets upset about it. Fucking tragic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    edited July 2021
    What a game. I just cannot believe it. 
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    Lev said:
    Honestly.....

What a game. Lack of  quality of the Danish bench swung it for me. After the subs it was all England. Softest penalty ever. Sitting on the lead was risky... But a first final in my life time.

I'll take that!

Let's hope for some luck against Italy too!
    To be fair Denmark were down to ten men in extra time, Jensen one of the subs went off injured and they had already used their subs. I'm not sure it was picked up by the ITV commentary (I was watching on Irish TV). England deserved the win on general play but I can also understand Denmark feeling hard done by on the big decisions.
    All that really says is they played all their cards too soon and ran themselves out of options.

As for big decisions there were 2 - Kane should have had a penalty and Sterling shouldn’t - either way result is the same?

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Lev said:
    Honestly.....

What a game. Lack of  quality of the Danish bench swung it for me. After the subs it was all England. Softest penalty ever. Sitting on the lead was risky... But a first final in my life time.

I'll take that!

Let's hope for some luck against Italy too!
    To be fair Denmark were down to ten men in extra time, Jensen one of the subs went off injured and they had already used their subs. I'm not sure it was picked up by the ITV commentary (I was watching on Irish TV). England deserved the win on general play but I can also understand Denmark feeling hard done by on the big decisions.
    Yeah ITV did pick it up, but I thought from 60 mins to end of 1st extra time period England were superb. After the first round of subs, Denmark just lost their threat.

So glad it didn't go to penalties.

Also, England still not conceded from open play, that is quite something.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11670
    It has all the makings of a cracking final.

Southgate has managed to channel what may have been a disparate set of egos into a force for one cause - the national team. He may not be the most natural tactical genius but you cannot underestimate the amount of preparation that he and his coaching team have done to get the players tournament-fit and ready to take on whoever the opposition may be with tactical plans tailored to match the challenge of each individual opponent.

He may have been fortunate in that quite a few of the big guns have had poor tournaments and that the cycle of player ability and form has swung in his favour but it's one thing to have those in your favour and it's an other to take advantage of them.

Italy could tear us to bits. But we could also run rings round them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    scrumhalf said:
    It has all the makings of a cracking final.

Southgate has managed to channel what may have been a disparate set of egos into a force for one cause - the national team. He may not be the most natural tactical genius but you cannot underestimate the amount of preparation that he and his coaching team have done to get the players tournament-fit and ready to take on whoever the opposition may be with tactical plans tailored to match the challenge of each individual opponent.

He may have been fortunate in that quite a few of the big guns have had poor tournaments and that the cycle of player ability and form has swung in his favour but it's one thing to have those in your favour and it's an other to take advantage of them.

Italy could tear us to bits. But we could also run rings round them.
    What Southgate has done is exactly that - no egos, no tantrums, just one team. Happy playing, happy coming on as a sub, happy going off - all part of the big team picture. 

Tonight I saw an England team with grit, fight, determination, able to deal with setbacks, able to manage a match, but most importantly able to grab opportunities and hold on to them. 

That’s what wins tournaments. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Lev said:

All that really says is they played all their cards too soon and ran themselves out of options.

As for big decisions there were 2 - Kane should have had a penalty and Sterling shouldn’t - either way result is the same?

Sterling's was given for the block/barge. It's clear from another angle which is why the VAR didn't overrule the ref.  Kane's was a dive.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    What Southgate has done is exactly that - no egos, no tantrums, just one team. Happy playing, happy coming on as a sub, happy going off - all part of the big team picture. 

Tonight I saw an England team with grit, fight, determination, able to deal with setbacks, able to manage a match, but most importantly able to grab opportunities and hold on to them. 

^^

This.

The Italians will be a sterner test. Should be a great final.

He’s been very cautious, or perhaps you’d call it savvy since it worked.  The good thing for him is it may mot be a squad full of world class players but it has very good strength in depth, and they are free of injuries.

Long gone are the days of worrying about one players metatarsal - all players are equally important.
    Fretwired said:

^^

This.

The Italians will be a sterner test. Should be a great final.

Yep. Italy will be the ultimate test. Best in the tournament overall so far. 

However, The final is a different beast - the Italians have the potential to get a bit emotional and annoyed, and if our boys keep their heads and manage to combine the courage, control and headspace they had tonight with the attacking drive and play from the Ukraine match then they could just do it. 

I can’t say I think we will get battered. Neither can I say I think we will win - and that’s what will make it a great game on Sunday 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Denmark played well but have no strength in depth and they made all their subs very early. England had a lot of quality to bring on and it just shows the talent that England have. The Italy game will be difficult but it’ll be hard for both teams. It won’t be an easy game for Italy at all. 

I really think England are gonna win it. 
    Posted on Facebook by a Dutch friend of mine ... :-) :-)

I guess they are all trying to buy Italian flags now .. :-)

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Lev said:

Sterling's was given for the block/barge. It's clear from another angle which is why the VAR didn't overrule the ref.  Kane's was a dive.
    VAR in this tournament is only overruling the ref if a clear mistake has been made, it is not intervening in soft or marginal decisions, that’s why VAR didn’t overrule the ref. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    The one worry for England in the final is Pickford, he looked pretty shakey tonight. Italy will likely put more pressure on him than Denmark managed. It will be a fascinating final. England looked the fittest team at this stage across the 4 semi finalists, they also haven't picked up any injuries. That, and home advantage might be enough against Italy.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7406
    Aahhhhhhhhhh. I see.

I was wondering how the faithful were going to put England down if they won and got through to the final.

Now I see. “Cheated it”, “VAR gifted it to them”, and even “bribed the ref to get them through”

Sad. So very very sad. 
    Another forum I frequent (chunkylovers.com) has the "England only got to the final due to all the home games they've played" theme going.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    Aahhhhhhhhhh. I see.

I was wondering how the faithful were going to put England down if they won and got through to the final.

Now I see. “Cheated it”, “VAR gifted it to them”, and even “bribed the ref to get them through”

Sad. So very very sad. 
    Another forum I frequent (chunkylovers.com) has the "England only got to the final due to all the home games they've played" theme going.
    Oh yeah, I missed that one
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mendymendy Frets: 171
    edited July 2021
    B)