SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

G&L Custom ASAT Classic S - £1200 SOLD

Kent747Kent747 Frets: 259
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
2014 Custom Build G&L ASAT Class S in vintage white. Comes with two of their Alnico Telecaster pickups and one of their alnico CLF-100 pickups. 5 position switch and a push pull (to get bridge/neck or all three at once). This was a custom run version, so a bit different than their standards. 12" radius - so playability is phenomenal. I did replace the pickguard (with a custom order from G&L) to a standard white one - it came with parchment, which I thought looked odd on an vintage white - but I am happy to include the original pickguard. Comes with a G&L C&C case and all paperwork.

Overall the thing sounds like a great Telecaster with the 2,3,4 position quack of a Strat. It's not true 'vintage' in sound - I find it a little more clear and 'modern' (if that's a real thing) than some of the Fender offerings. Really love it though - the bridge bites, but isn't thin - so you get twang with a bit of body. The neck is the real hero though, just a great round sound. If you want a super useable guitar for sessions or gigs (now that these are real again), this is the guitar.

One issue - the tuning peg on the bottom E has split. I'm awaiting another tuning peg from G&L. There is no tuneability issues, nor intonation issues, but want to disclose this nonetheless - this is why I've put the price under what I paid. Should the peg show up soon, I'll have it installed professionally here in Oxford.

Tremendous guitar to be quite honest, but fancy a change. This is basically a custom shop guitar, but without the Custom Shop price. Got to love G&L for that! Open to trades for other T types (potentially something with a humbucker in the neck) or an offset. Happy to put cash toward something as well.

You can hear the guitar here through a Revv D20 - it's the lead guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments