SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Benjamin 2005 JOM

I'm not totally sure I want to part with this, I'm a big fan of Eric Roche and others and this really is a beautiful instrument especially in DADGAD.
I have a cedar topped similar instrument I am sentimentally attached to, I am missing having a spruce top OM and I have a one in one out rule.

So I'm just seeing if there is any interest, the marks do look worse in the picture but it's far from mint condition, I bought approx 3 years ago from the fellowship of acoustics in exactly the same condition, I have spoken to Nick about the possibility of a respray which is possible and I've also found a few different possibilities to cover the old pickup hole but I have never got around to it and thought i'd leave the cosmetic choice to the new owner. The marks are only cosmetic though.

I think it needs to be played to be believed, it really is one of the best acoustics I've ever played and if there is no interest it will just carry on being my dedicated DADGAD and gigging guitar but it hasn't been played enough to justify in the last few months.

Cedar top, walnut back and sides, absolutely no V to the neck (which is a big thing for me) and a 1 and 3/4 nut width.

I am probably not interested in trade unless someone has a Collings OM or Bourgeois, must have 1 and 3/4 nut or wider.

collection only from Somerset, near Ilminster, 

£2000 no offers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's a nice looking guitar.
  • harmarshharmarsh Frets: 1
    willing to take £1800 on collection before it either goes back in the cupboard or goes for sale a different way. only one pm on this is slightly surprising, I don't think the pictures do it justice. I'd be interested to hear trade options
  • TUWTUW Frets: 0
    I have a Lowden O35 that I’m trading / selling… would this be of interest at all?  Am looking for around £3k it’s Cedar/Madagascar on eBay.  Cheers, Ben 
    I decided to keep this, and it's just come back from brook guitars after a refret and having had the second pickup hole filled. I've now seen another possible purchase so it's back up for sale again, £2000 collection from Somerset. 
  • TUWTUW Frets: 0
    Hi, would you pm me back about this?
    TUW said:
    Hi, would you pm me back about this?
    sorry, a few unexpected interuptions over the weekend but I will do.
  • It's nothing to do with this particular guitar, but I had an opportunity to play a Benjamin OM recently and it was just superb, if I lived in England I would certainly try this one out.