SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Pending -Gibson ES 330- 1959RI VOS Natural

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
So here goes... This has been my main guitar for a good few years now and was the one I always said I'd never let go.

But something really special and a bit of a bucket list guitar has come up and since I got the Sea Foam Gretsch Penguin my 330 hasn't had a look in for a few months so I think it's time for someone else to enjoy this guitar.

It's a 2012 Gibson Custom Shop VOS - 59 RI ES -330 in an aged natural finish. I've had a shed load of CS Gibson ES guitars and a few 330's and nothing has ever come close to this one. Everyone who's played it has said it's special or asked if it's an actual 59, I had an actual 1959 ES-225 and it wasn't a patch on this.

Original neck/body joint, dot neck, same top and bottom woods and thickness, rolled fingerboard edges so it feels like original. They even changed the plating on the P-90 base plates to match the '59's

Here's a review from Guitarist Magazine from 2014.
https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/gibson-1959-es-330-td-610105

As it's been my main guitar it's not a case queen and does have a bit of play wear and could do with a set up at some point to get the best out of it.

So the big Elephant in the room. There is a rather unpleasant marking to the rear of the headstock. It doesn't affect any playability and is purely cosmetic and I'm sure it could be touched up by a professional.

Price wise these models seem all over the show and rising all the time so with the above in mind £2500 which is a fair bit cheaper than what I've seen a used one for sale.
Comes with COA & OG Case.
Based in Stockport SK4.

Any questions do ask.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HottubesHottubes Frets: 394
    These are wonderful guitars Glwts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    Yum! That's all I have to add :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HottubesHottubes Frets: 394
    Ps your in the wrong sub section. Mods.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Hottubes said:
    Ps your in the wrong sub section. Mods.
    Opps . Moved over now.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    @harrisonlg81 was looking for one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Timeline88Timeline88 Frets: 78
    That’s a beaut! I doubt I’ll ever part with my ‘64 VOS limited run except for the chance to own an original, it must be something special coming your way. I doubt this will hang around anyway. 
  • harrisonlg81harrisonlg81 Frets: 229
    I’ll have this. PM incoming!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    I’ll have this. PM incoming!
    Outstanding work :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2278
    Very very nice.