SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 60th Ann. 1954 AV Fender Strat

What's Hot
HandwrittenHeroHandwrittenHero Frets: 851
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Specs and Fender's own description as follows:

- Series: American Vintage
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" (184 mm)Frets: 21, Vintage
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.624" (41.24 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with "Pat. Pending" Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-No Logo
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: White Polystyrene
- Pickups: New 1954 Single-Coil Strat

"For 2014 only, Fender celebrates the diamond jubilee of the world's greatest electric guitar with the limited-edition 60th Anniversary American Vintage 1954 Stratocaster. This special guitar honours the Stratocaster's very first model year as an "exciting new instrument" with a tone "as new and different as tomorrow," and is reverently crafted with a rich selection of features, appointments and accessories.
The two-piece ash body features a side seam and a flash-coat lacquer finish in the guitar's original two-colour Sunburst. The one-piece maple neck has a comfortable 1954 profile and date stamp just below the truss rod adjustment nut, topped by a 7.25"- radius fingerboard with rolled edges and 21 vintage frets. Three new 1954 single-coil Stratocaster pickups deliver a singing original-era voice, with five-way switching complemented by an included optional three-way switch for original wiring. The guitar also features a single-ply white pickguard and white polystyrene control knobs, bone nut and round string tree, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge with six "patent pending" saddles, vintage tuners and nickel-chrome hardware.
Special extras and accessories include a vintage-design single-stitch centre-pocket tweed case; replica polishing cloth, cable, black leather strap and bridge cover; extra tremolo springs (two), and reproduction 1954 paperwork. Available during 2014 only in a limited edition of 1,954 guitars."

Guitar is as it was stock. Condition is used so there's a couple of small dents, finish cracking and sinking into the wood as nitro does. The volume knob has a small hairline crack, I'm including an official Fender set of replacement parts I had bought as spares. All accessories that came with the guitar originally are included, list in the blurb above.

Priced at £1800 £1600 £1500

Withdrawn. Talked myself into justifying keeping it around as an Eb strat. In out, in out, shake it all about.

I do have a box, it can be posted...I'd rather not, but if required it would be at cost of sending insured and adequately packed. Demo-ing encouraged, located in Sheffield. Hand delivery in reasonable distance negotiable.

Collection of pictures at:

54 AV Strat - Imgur

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Les Paul and SG not included ;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Few more photos at 60th Ann. AV54 - Imgur to try and get a few different angles of the finish checking, sinking and basically acting like thin nitro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Price amended, on reflection whilst yes it is a limited edition model technically all the AV line are limited since they're discontinued. Comparing against others in the series e.g. the 65 strat was helpful.
  • EDIT: Condensed the information for much clearer reading. Important details retained i.e. pricing history as I've struggled to fairly price it.

https://youtu.be/8wFgOmsF6Rk if anyone looking for a demo of how good the limited edition 54 pickups that are in this guitar are.
  • Back up, revived the thread and kept at previous asking price. 

Will I withdraw it (yet) again, will it finally end up on ebay with a fees offer, will someone actually buy it before that? Find out on the next episode!
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 906
    Is that a ding or a reflection on the front lower left, I can’t see it on the group shot?
  • tomajoha said:
    Is that a ding or a reflection on the front lower left, I can’t see it on the group shot?
    On the armrest - reflection of light. The distortion up on upper horn is also just lacquer sinking into the grain. Between the embedded pictures and the album linked in comments I’ve been as warts and all as I can :-) 
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 906
    tomajoha said:
    On the armrest - reflection of light. The distortion up on upper horn is also just lacquer sinking into the grain. Between the embedded pictures and the album linked in comments I’ve been as warts and all as I can :-) 
    Thanks for the clarification, usual FB questions: what’s the weight?
  • tomajoha said:
    tomajoha said:
    Thanks for the clarification, usual FB questions: what’s the weight?
    Around 7 1/4 lbs 
  • Bump.
    Would rather negotiate here if price is wrong than leave it to EBay, but EBay is where it's headed next fees offer.
  • HandwrittenHeroHandwrittenHero Frets: 851
    edited April 2022
    Bump

• Bump
  • SOLD pending payment and collection