SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now Sold 2005 Fender Custom shop Rory Gallagher Stratocaster £2400

What's Hot
rayttkrayttk Frets: 68
edited June 2021 in Guitars £

Now Sold

2005 Fender Custom shop Rory Gallagher Stratocaster £2400

Beautiful example, Sounds amazing unplugged and even better plugged in, has a 5 way Oak Grigsby switch fitted and treble tone mod on bridge pickup.

Fender Case in good condition (couple of marks/scratches) with case Keys, Custom shop Certificate,  check Tag, ashtray cover and trem arm.

Fret dress and set up by Steve Robinson in Manchester, late 2019, showing tiny amount of fret wear on 2nd fret now, I also asked him to change the saddle height adjuster screws because th e original one’s where making mincemeat of my hand (originals included)

Lovely marking/Grain on the slab rosewood fretboard, always conditioned with Monty’s food on string change, currently has Curt Mangan pure nickel 10’s

The guitar has been my number one for many years but I bought a Les Paul modern last year and the Rory has not been out of its case since.

I have GAS for a Bartel Roseland when back in stock at Coda so trying to raise funds but would be happy to add much cash and trade this  for a used one.

Collection (North Manchester) or meet up only, I don’t mind a drive and will be heading down to Luton either next weekend or the one after.

More pictures available if required I could send via email

Please no silly offers! 2005 was a good year.

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/series/artist/rory-gallagher-signature-stratocaster-relic-rosewood-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst/

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    edited June 2021
    nice guitar, It’s a pity you’ve banged it round a bit

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    I never knew that his Low E string had a different tuner to the rest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rayttkrayttk Frets: 68
    duotone said:
    I never knew that his Low E string had a different tuner to the rest.
    Yeah, it drove me nuts, took me ages but I did actually manage to track down a single sperzel to match the other five.
     I will include it in the sale 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8787
    ‘Does the guitar have any noticeable scratches or marks?’ :D

Cracking thing. GLWTS
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    edited June 2021
    I saw Aziz Ibrahim play one of these at Sounds Great in Heald Green (just as a customer - it wasn’t a ‘clinic’ or any kind of public performance) when they first came out. Given your location, I wonder it is the same one? Aziz is a great player - but I remember how great the guitar sounded. 

GLWTS.
  • Pm'd
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    Did the guy who was looking for a Rory Strat on here a while back snag this one??! Really hope so!
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1556
    LPManic said:
    Did the guy who was looking for a Rory Strat on here a while back snag this one??! Really hope so!
    Wasn't that your good self !!??
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2859
    edited June 2021
    Some dealers are asking almost silly used prices atm imo, albeit they offer pretend warranties :-) 

There was a Rory in London last week for £2250 on gumtree, which sold in an hour. 
    Now for sale at £3250 at a certain London 'bedroom' online retailer.

You pays your money and you make your choice. 

A grand for an assurance it's been handselected by a dealer, so must be a good one. Paying for his 10 mile drive across London.

£2400 still very good, the buyer got a great price. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom