SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: PRS SE Tremonti (£250) unbranded Ash Telecaster (£160)

THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 180
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
Hi folks, 

I'm in the process of buying my first house and with the big move looming I'm clearing out stuff that's not getting used. 

PRS SE Tremonti - £250
Ash T-style - £160

Collection from Sale, Manchester or can meet within a reasonable distance. I don't have a box so I won't post I'm afraid. I have a couple of cases if you buy a guitar I'll do you a nice deal on to take it home in if you fancy :-)

PRS SE Tremonti - One of the older ones with wraparound tailpiece, dots, 25" scale. Really nice condition considering it's got some years under it's belt. I've had it about 2 years, played some gigs with it, really nice and light and does the "modern LP" thing. It's well made as you'd expect from Mr. Smith's Far-Eastern outfit, the neck in particular is really nice. Otherwise it does what it says on the tin. I think these Tremonti models are a bit underated compared to other SEs. Having never really heard of Tremonti before getting the guitar myself I wonder if it's the Altar Bridge / Alt Metal / tribal tattoos and monster trucks thing that puts people off. Who knows. Anyway, £250 collected please. I don't want to post it and don't have a box for you to arrange your own courier. 

Unbranded Ash Telecaster. Chinese made tele copy imported, fettled and sold by Alan George. I liked it enough to throw some Wilkinson deluxe vintage style tuners on it (the split shaft ones), a new low profile bridge and compensated brass saddles. I'm a bit of a heavy handed-player (I play 12-60s on my LP in a hardcore band, downtuned mind) and there was a bit of rattle on a couple of the frets in E Standard with 10s. I had it setup, new nut, fret level and crown at The Guitar Repair Workshop (In PMT Salford). Good: It plays ace, it sounds ace, it feels ace, less good: it doesn't say Fender and it's missing a string tree (doesn't make any difference far as I can tell). Few tiny scratches near the input jack that I've tried to capture. 

I know I'm going to eat a load of the cost on this one, seeing as the setup + upgrades cost more than the guitar did. But I'm short on space and have a hard-on for Les Pauls raging so persistently that this doesn't get a look-in. £160 for this please, cheaper than the cheapest Squier and I daresay a fair bit better. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments