SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ON HOLD: 1999 Fender USA Telecaster - £585

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
***ON HOLD***

Yup. A Fender USA Tele.  For less than 600 notes.

In moderately relic'd, 'road worn' condition.  The wear looks a little too forced to me, like someone decided to have a crack at the relic'ing game, and then tired of it.  But what do I know?  In perfect working order, beautifully set up by previous owner.  With after-market set of Fender locking tuners.  Weights 8 lb 5 oz or thereabouts.  Usual Fender C neck, feels slightly on the chunkier side to my delicate, poet's hands.

Acquired by me from @chotu495 last weekend.  His FS thread is here.

So why am I selling?  Various reasons, but mainly that I must have been through a dozen teles, including a 1972 Custom I sold just a couple of weeks back, and they're just not my 'thing'.  I'd hoped this might be the one to change that - it isn't.  I've spent the last 3 days when time and incessant demands permitted A/B-ing this with my Gibson Nighthawk and I genuinely prefer the latter.  Because heresy.  Plus, I've been a silly sod and bought all sorts of other bright shiny things and something has to give.  So it's this one.

'Why's it £585 for this, when you bought it for £575 you chiselling profiteering flipper sneak vermin SCUM', I hear you all cry.  Simple explanation: when I picked it up, @chotu495 didn't have a gig bag spare, so it came home snug as a bug in a rug in the boot of my low-slung, sporty coupé.  But I've now purchased a brand new generic gig bag so the new lucky owner can get it home safely.  

£585 collected from Schloss Moans, in the People's Republic of Barnet.  Or I can drive out a bit - say an hour in any direction.  I will not post this without a hardcase.

Trades?  Not really after anything, save I have half a yen for a tweedy 5e3 type amp.  No harm in asking if you have other beads and shiny trade goods.

Pictures:

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Funkydung!Funkydung! Frets: 32
    I would so have this if you could post? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5747
    I can bring it back as far as the North Wiltshire wilds for you........ :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
    dazzajl said:
    I can bring it back as far as the North Wiltshire wilds for you........ :)
    Ditto , I unfortunately see quite a lot of Mr Moans  so happy to bring it back to West Dorset Mr Dung (Dorchester)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    ...I unfortunately see quite a lot of Mr Moans ... 
    Yes: we need to arrange a new appointment to discuss your recent test results.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    I much prefer these fender bridges without lips & with individual saddles. Perfectly good guitars with set of fender nocaster pups added. I even like the poly finishes ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2021
    See above, and on PM: two gentlemen of Verona whom I'll be seeing in the not too distant future have offered to get it most of the way back to you (I believe you're in Darkest Somersetshire..?!), as a suggested alternative...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I reckon you could do South Devon in an hour.......
    edited June 2021
    tone1 said:
    Not since I flirted with durance vile, and was forced to complete a remote 'Speed Awareness' course, after reckless behaviour on the way back from scoring a rather natty semi acoustic at Watford Gap Services earlier this year D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    edited June 2021
    JerkMoans said:
    See above, and on PM: two gentlemen of Verona whom I'll be seeing in the not too distant future have offered to get it most of the way back to you (I believe you're in Darkest Somersetshire..?!), as a suggested alternative...
    JerkMoans said:
    tone1 said:
    Not since I flirted with durance vile, and was forced to complete a remote 'Speed Awareness' course, after reckless behaviour on the way back from scoring a rather natty semi acoustic at Watford Gap Services earlier this year D 

Speed. O jest unseen, inscrutable, invisible,
    As a nose on a man's face, or a weathercock on a steeple.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Remote speed awareness course. What's that all about...!? 

Log on and then go to the pub, or thinking about it log on from pub? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Remote speed awareness course. What's that all about...!? 

Thought about that, but I'm barred :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    JerkMoans said:
    Remote speed awareness course. What's that all about...!? 

Thought about that, but I'm barred :(

I thought they'd called you to the bar?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Funkydung!Funkydung! Frets: 32
    JerkMoans said:
    Thanks, for the amazing offers from everyone involved, but I have to reign my rash buying impulses in as I really only want a Strat??
    I know I will regret this??
    Anyone got a jigsaw I could borrow?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • misterpetemisterpete Frets: 36
    Is it  Barnet in that there London? Blooming Southerners with their bargains, that would have been just the job for a poverty stricken Northerner like me, but I can’t afford the feed for the horse and cart and I doubt it would make the journey anyway. If I can get the kids into servitude I will get back to you. GLWTS
    Is it  Barnet in that there London? Blooming Southerners with their bargains, that would have been just the job for a poverty stricken Northerner like me, but I can’t afford the feed for the horse and cart and I doubt it would make the journey anyway. If I can get the kids into servitude I will get back to you. GLWTS
    Av theur gone soft? Sell t' 'orse: mek t' kids pull t' cart.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    On hold, after succumbing the blandishments of a charming man...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    havent been here for a while, health issues, just getting over that then 3 weeks ago I did eddie the eagle down our staircase from top to bottom, resulting in a broken pisiform bone in my right hand pinky finger, I feel lucky as it could have been much worse, could have been "brown bread", anyhoo, the day I pop back in for a looksee I see this lovely guitar, I have always fancied a tele, I bought a lovely white strat off scalino65 a few years ago manufactured the same year as my daughter was born 1984, then this tele the same year as my son was born, {not manufactured  :) ) did the guitar gods lead me here, anyway good luck with the sale, it is a beauty, sorry for rambling on.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    JerkMoans said:
    Anyone got a jigsaw I could borrow?
    I have a fiendishly difficult 500 piece of Frida Kahlo, if that would help.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom