SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 2020 GIBSON LES PAUL SPECIAL - £850

What's Hot
SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1635
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
I bought this Gibson Les Paul Special recently from top bloke @idiotwindow - and what a great and gorgeous thing it is.

The guitar is just lovely - purchased from Coda late last year, it is in pretty much as new condition aside from some slight pickguard play and a little bit of swirl if you really look for it. It still has its original strings, unopened candy and strap etc, and comes with its Gibson hardcase (which does have a couple of tiny marks). I am being very fussy here, as it really could be considered virtually new by a retailer.

Nicely set up, it is light at around 7 lbs & 4 ounces and is a joy to play. Has a very resonant tone and feels like luxury. I am quite surprised just how nicely crafted these guitars are - I never knew. However I am trying to get a Fendery tone via a Gibson, and it hasn't worked. This is my second attempt to get on with a Les Paul, and second failure - which says more about me than anything else...

It would be so tempting to keep it, but I am moving house, putting some stuff into storage, and need to be more minimal.

Happy to sell at £850, which is what I paid Ian. Can be collected from North London or from Bath as of next Friday. Can also be shipped at the buyer's expense.

Thanks for reading - Jem

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Beautiful guitar. I’ve been on the lookout for something with P90s. What’s the neck like? I previously had a 2006 Gibson SG Standard and just didn’t find it comfortable; I always feel at home on a C-Shape Strat neck. I’m guessing chunkier than a strat? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1635
    edited June 2021
    Thanks - Yes, it is definitely chunkier than the slim c shape on my Mustang.

But it isn’t a baseball bat by any means. I have found it to be very playable and comfortable.
  • PM incoming 
    A gentle Sunday morning bump !
    Just to clarify, this is the USA Gibson Les Paul Special, and not a Tribute.

Still for sale - was hoping to find it a new home, before I move my home...
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    That's just lovely.  I unfortunately already have one.
    Change of address bump - collection from Bath, or can ship…
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4826
    Jeez - what's wrong with people.  It's a bargain price for a great guitar that people seem to love universally.

Someone buy it FFS.  I have a yellow one so can't justify another.....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    If it was TV yellow I would be in like Flynn.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4826
    Jim54 said:

The cherry red sounds better...........
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rlw said:
    Jim54 said:

The cherry red sounds better...........
    I really like the TV yellow - but have to say that when I saw the Vintage Cherry; it is very classy.

Still available - I boxed it up for my house-move, so it is ready to be shipped at the shake of a tail.