Recommendations sought for acoustic guitar techs - London

I think my 12 string needs some professional attention - new set up, restringing etc. 

According to google the nearest tech/luthier is LA guitars in Finchley. Could anyone tell me if they are any good or suggest possible alternatives in London?

Thanks in advance

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GTCGTC Frets: 261
    I've never dealt with them directly but I've heard Noden Guitars in Denmark Street are very good https://nodenguitars.co.uk/ . Reasonable prices too for a London tech.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    LA Guitars are decent.  Not the cheapest but not cowboys. 
  • dshevydshevy Frets: 1
    Kevin Bourque is the only tech that i will trust with my guitars, including my Sobell when i owned it and my Fylde's. He's worked with every store on Denmark street and is worth the jounrey into Central London.

https://www.stairwaytokevin.com/

I used Noden Guitars once and Graham spend most of the time telling me what was wrong with the guitar he was working on and generally being disparaging about the guy who had made it. 

• GTCGTC Frets: 261
    GTC said:
    I've never dealt with them directly but I've heard Noden Guitars in Denmark Street are very good https://nodenguitars.co.uk/ . Reasonable prices too for a London tech.
    My third hand experience with Noden - sold a vintage Carvin 450CL to a London buyer who was delighted with it - but after a few weeks the bridge popped off and needed re-gluing. Of course, I offered to pay for the repair. He contacted several central London luthiers / techs and it was Noden he felt most comfortable with. They turned around the job quite quickly, the buyer was pleased with the result and the cost was a reasonable £60.
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1553
    Like others, I have been to quite a few Denmark St techs and had variable results - some really bad (this for electrics).

Suffice to say that Kevin Bourque is the ONLY one I would trust now (he just helped sorted out some bad work by one of his neighbours). 
  • Graham Parker in Lewisham... Utter perfection.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    I would like to RECOMMEND CCGX. Kim there did a superb job plekking my Martin HD-28 Reimagined. I'd tried all the local techs and was on the verge of selling it when I decided to give it one more shot. Thanks Kim. 
  • In the end I went to Haim at LA guitars in finchley.

Whilst he was not cheap for a simple restringing he did a careful job. More important he gave my 12 string a clean bill of health: when given my obvious lack of knowledge, he could have invented some spurious job like a set up.
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 706
    I’ve just picked up an LG-1 that was choking all over the place. Took it to Feline in Croydon and they did a good job of sorting it out. Quickly too!