SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gibson SGs Standard HP black, batwing.

What's Hot
BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
edited May 2022 in Guitars £

I need to create some space in my collection, so I’ve decided to sell one of my black Batwing SGs, the trouble is, I can’t really make up my mind which I’d prefer to keep - both have qualities I particularly like, so I’m offering both for sale, but only selling one! They are:

Gibson SG Standard ‘HP’ 2016 in Ebony - £1,250 £1,200

Gibson SG Custom P90 with Maestro, 2018 in Lamp Black VOS - £3,350

Here they are together:

Available for collection only, in London, near Tower Bridge/Bermondsey tube.

The Standard is the ‘high performance’ model from 2016, the first year Gibson offered this model designation, (and the only year the HP had a Batwing pickguard). 

It’s in excellent condition, has never been gigged, and has no dents or dings. The only obvious sign of play is the light surface scratching on the pick guard, I’ve tried to show this in one of the photos by catching it in the light. Photos against wood are recent, the white background shot below was taken when the guitar was new, but shows the body carve well.  

I bought this new in 2016, and tried several in the store before selecting this one as the best of the bunch. From what I can tell it has a three piece body (Mahogany). The neck has a rounded neck profile (Gibson quote 0.818” 1st fret, 0.963” 12th fret, my own measurements came out at 0.820/0.913), dark Rosewood fretboard (very dark compared to many recent Gibsons), and features an adjustable zero fret (width 1.745”).  Pickups are 490R neck and 498T bridge, each with tone and volume controls featuring ‘supreme grip’ speed knobs (they have a ‘grip’ pattern on the upper edge).

Includes case candy:  ‘Baby shot’, factory check list with serial number (dated 30/6/2016), manual, G-Force instruction card, polishing cloth, truss rod wrench and 2.5mm allen key adjustment tool. G-Force tuner battery charger with a range of plug adapters (including UK). 

The original aluminium strap buttons are included, but have been replaced with Schaller locking strap buttons. There are no other modification at all, everything else is entirely original. 

‘High Performance’ features:

Next generation G-Force tuner (no longer using a fiddly nut to clamp the string, instead the old Fender style of inserting the string into the post). Note: The G-Force unit is fitted without screws, so if you wish to change to regular tuners of your own choice, you can do so without leaving any screw holes on the headstock. I’ve had no issues with it and find it quite useful.

HP Specs:

Titanium adjustable zero-fret nut (adjusts with included allen key)

‘Soloist’ neck with ‘fast access heel’ 

Titanium bridge saddles

Sturdier ‘noiseless’ toggle switch

Gold plated multi-contact jack input

Mother of pearl inlays

Fret-over-binding

‘High Performance’ aluminium hard case

Pics:

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited June 2021
    Wow !! The standard looks amazing. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    The custom is all kinds of sexy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    That custom is one of the most beautiful guitars I’ve ever seen. And I’m 3 miles from you. Must. Resist. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
    Bump
    Bump 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Wow that p90 one!!!!!?
    Bump as I've re-listed my SG Standard HP, now at £1,200 - but decided I'm keeping the Custom. Edited the title/first post accordingly.
  • Lovely, trying not to resist!