DIAMOND HEAD - No Remorse

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2607
in Music tFB Trader
Only just seen this. Interesting after all these years that one of Metallicas big influences do a cover of one of their own songs..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22698
    Funnily enough I saw this earlier today.  It looks like it was filmed in 1960.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    https://i.imgur.com/Itum9aS.jpg

I was looking for a particular photo of Diamond Head* but having mentioned Silver Wing on another Discussion this weekend I was quite pleased to spot this instead. 

Yes, DH the massive rock stars that never were. Large Oilrig stayed with Brian and roadied for the band for a little while,so I think DH were pretty much the blueprint for Metallica rather than just an influence. But fair play that they’ve always acknowledged them, covered their material, got them slots on festivals. 

* they had a photo on their website in which I could clearly be seen, although they’ve taken down most of the shots with the original band in. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Funnily enough I saw this earlier today.  It looks like it was filmed in 1960.

:+1:
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22698
    edited June 2021
    * they had a photo on their website in which I could clearly be seen, although they’ve taken down most of the shots with the original band in. 
    That's cool.  It would be good if you could find it somewhere.

I've got a copy of the original white sleeve, white label demo album signed by both Tatler and Harris - very kindly given to me by an old school friend, so the signatures are addressed to him, not me.  I never saw them live though.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:

I've got a copy of the original white sleeve, white label demo album signed by both Tatler and Harris - very kindly given to me by an old school friend, so the signatures are addressed to him, not me.  I never saw them live though.

I did once..  It was at the Milton Kynes Bowl and it was Metallica, Megadeath, Diamond Head and The Almighty (1993)...  Amazing gig....
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Philly_Q said:

Very cool to have that. 

Bit of Googling brought up 4th April 1982, no photo ( it’s only clear to me really when I did see it). Amazing how many gigs they did play including some major supports ( eg Black Sabbath) and still never really got a big break. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited June 2021
    Good band - I've been checking out their catalogue recently. This is my favourite of theirs... basically the inspiration for Seek & Destroy.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Still have a t-shirt from their 1991 reunion tour. Missed them at Milton Keynes as I used to works Saturdays and couldn't take 2 off in a row, There was a much more Important gig the Saturday before 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    First album was brilliant! Still have my old vinyl copy. 

Personally I think that their big mistake was sacking drummer Duncan Scott and then forcing bassist Colin Kimberley to quit. They lost their identity as a band. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6142
    axisus said:

Personally I think that their big mistake was sacking drummer Duncan Scott and then forcing bassist Colin Kimberley to quit. They lost their identity as a band. 
    Saw them a few times around Essex and E London (1980ish). Great songs. If I remember right, somewhere along the way they got hailed (or hailed themselves) as the new Led Zepp. This was reported in Sounds/NME of the time, and I think a lot of old-school HM fans dropped support for them in umbrage.
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Wow. The Wikipedia page makes their story out to be like a Black Country version of Spinal Tap. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24183
    Reverend said:
    Still have a t-shirt from their 1991 reunion tour. Missed them at Milton Keynes as I used to works Saturdays and couldn't take 2 off in a row, There was a much more Important gig the Saturday before 
    That Rick Astley gig was legendary. Good choice!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    goldtop said:
    axisus said:

Saw them a few times around Essex and E London (1980ish). 
    I remember seeing them in 1980 at The Greyhound pub in Chadwell Heath, which was half empty as I recall. The other thing I recall is that they completely rocked the back room of a scruffy old pub like it was a packed Hammersmith Odeon. And then I saw them again at Hammersmith a few months later supporting April Wine, who they completely blew off stage.

I've still got my signed white album somewhere. I got mine by sending away after seeing the ad in Sounds.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Reverend said:
    That Rick Astley gig was legendary. Good choice!
    Better than st anger at least.

Funnily enough, they gig i did was also attended by Metallica