Summat tight and crunchy

What's Hot
shadyshady Frets: 252
I seem to be lacking this sound from the board. I was playing through headphones last night and found a great tight, lowish gain setting on my aging multifx that my dirt pedals lack. Got loads of fuzzy, grungy and heavy tones and a light OD I like - would the old Marshall GV2 do this? I could then possibly put it and my Jackhammer through an AB box of some form and flip flop betwixt...that's the theory anyway.

Thoughts and recommendations welcome. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dickieguitardickieguitar Frets: 402
    This forum needs a template response for all dirt questions that says "Have you tried a Rat?"

In the meantime, have you tried a Rat?

Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    You might not have heard of this rare pedal before, but you should give one of these a go;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Well, I s'pose what they say is right then - on average humans are never more than two feet away from a rat. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    Yep, try a Rat for bit, and either fall I love like the rest of us, or explain what’s wrong with it and we’ll point you in the appropriate direction, whether that’s Warthog, You Dirty Rat, DS1, OCD, DS-2, modded TS or whatever
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Cheers fellas. Rat ordered from The Pedal Club. Very tempted with that Super Badass though, got a 14 day no quibble refund thingy so we'll know by the weekend. 
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 918
    shady said:
    Cheers fellas. Rat ordered from The Pedal Club. Very tempted with that Super Badass though, got a 14 day no quibble refund thingy so we'll know by the weekend. 
    Off topic here but do you subscribe to The Pedal Club? Curious to know how you find it if so.
    Nah, just signed up for the one purchase. It should arrive tomorrow though, I'll feedback on that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Where's my pedal, royal fuckin fail! 48hrs my arse... 
  • EskerEsker Frets: 80
    Friedman Dirty Shirley
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6673
    I have a Warthog. It is very good. Not sure I need it as I can't use it right now in my band, but I really like it. 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189
    I just picked up a Friedman BE-OD and it might be the best 'distortion' I've used.  I was concerned it would be too gainy, but with the internal trim pot all the way off it's quite usable.  Sounds absolutely massive, but retains a lot of clarity.
    It's a good thing so it is. Finally arrived Monday afternoon. 

Distortion at 11ish, filter at 2ish, just what I was after. Awesome. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom