SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1981 Tokai ES-100RN

brooombrooom Frets: 1178
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
1981 Tokai ES-100RN

First year the Tokai ES series were introduced and this one has the natural finish which is less common.

This is a great 59/60 style ES-335, with a nitro cellulose finish, correct mickey mouse shaped cutaways and top/back carve.

It's the rock version, which has some nice sounding gotoh PAF style pickups with a bit higher output than the jazz version. It has a full 59 profile neck (big but not a baseball bat). 

As it is a 40 year old guitar, it has developed a bit of a patina, there is light checking on the finish (mainly on the cutaways and some bits on the body). But it is in overall really decent and playable conditions with loads of life in the frets.

Includes the original paperwork for the guitar, notice there is a misprint in the serial which starts with a one (for 1981) on the guitar, but has a zero instead on the paperwork. These guitars were only issued starting in 1981, so that zero is clearly a misprint.

Will be sold with a hardshell case (shipping includes full value insurance).

£1700 shipped - SOLD
https://reverb.com/uk/item/40284688-1981-tokai-es-100-rn

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow, that 'natural' finish is almost amber. Looks lovely! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7474
    Want but currently skint after over splurging this week. As mentioned today on another thread , my 81 Es100 was the best Gibson I ever had :-)

Broom is an absolute darling to deal with too.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    Likewise @DrCornelius hope you're still enjoying your 335.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16415
    This is a superb guitar........I have had 2 previous high end Japanese Toks and both were fantastic ;currently I also have a 2001  ES120 in Natural flame that looks similar to this and plays/sounds fantastic
  • Is it possible to get some measurements of the neck please?  I'd be interested to know the nut width and the depth at the first fret if possible.
    I'll try to take some measurements tomorrow. Although I don't have calipers so they're going to be rough measurements.
    my rought measurements are 1.65" at nut and 0.88" at first fret. But as I said without calipers these are nowhere near accurate.
    price update
    bump
    bump
  • Now that is a fantastic guitar

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

sold