Wireless for Ibanez SR series bass

AdeyAdey Frets: 2208
Does anyone have a recommendation for a wireless system that works well with the Ibanez SR series bass? It has the atypical front facing, recessed, backward pointing, angled towards the strap, near the edge of the body type of jack plug....

I have a smoothhound on my guitar, but this doesn't really fit on the bass properly without overhanging and looking like it'll damage the guitar when it gets knocked.

Line 6 G30 perhaps?

Any wireless SR users out there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I can’t help with the actual question, but I can confirm that these jacks - or more accurately the wood comprising the bottom of the recess - are prone to damage like that. And quite difficult to repair.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    edited June 2021
    Probably best with one of the ones that connects with a cable, rather than one like the smoothhound where the transmitter is built into the jack. 

Actually, if you already own a smoothhound, then what about getting a male to female extension cable? You'd then probably need some kind of holder on your strap to put the smoothound in. 

https://www.designacable.com/un-balanced-guitar-extension-lead-van-damme-xke-cable.html

• AdeyAdey Frets: 2208
    Good idea on the smooth hound, but I'm going to leave it plugged into guitar and guitar amp and find another wireless for use on bass and bass amp. It's just too much faff to swap about.

Anyone use the Line 6 or similar?