Modification question

samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
So a question for the amp guys.

If i was to buy an Orange Crush Pro120 head...how hard a mod would it be to add headphone jack to it? Would it be possible for it to be a emulated headphone jack?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1292
    The easiest way would be to use the fx send output into something like this (for speaker emulation) into
    either 1)  a mixing desk (if you've already got one) and use it's headphone out
    or       2)  a headphone monitor amp like this.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Thanks for this mate.

I was more looking for a mod to the amp itself rather than having the add-ons.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    Just make an external box which plugs into the speaker output and pads it down to headphone level. Since it's a solid state amp it shouldn't mind having no load on it.

You could filter it a bit to make it roughly emulated with a few caps and resistors, although I don't have a circuit for it to hand.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein