RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
Down Down. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    The Argos ad one…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    Too many good ones to really narrow it down to a single favourite, but possibly Roll Over Lay Down or Mystery Song.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    I know it's not cool etc to like Quo, but I must confess whenever I hear any of their well known tracks, my foot does to start a tapping. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    Redlester said:
    Down Down. 
    Yep. 100% agree.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    They did make some cheesey spaff so it can't be any Quo song (although many of those seem to be Francis's favourites). But I like a bit of Quo, really enjoyed them live even if by then it was Francis and friends really. The one that comes to mind is Living on an Island. I'm thinking it's an odd choice maybe but it's a nice sunny day song. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1173
    In My Chair.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    Either Roll Over,  Lay Down,  Whatever You Want or Down Down. I blame Quo for my Telecaster fixation.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    Down The Dustpipe. 
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 136
    First  proper gig I went to 1972 Plymouth guildhall … at the time of the Piledriver album …. Three long haired guitar players in a row …. Best gig ever and my ears were ringing for a week .. it’s got to be Paper Plane or anything off that album .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Pictures of Matchstick Men.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    Paper Plane, closely followed by the version of Spinning Wheel Blues from their performance on Beat Club. 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    Mystery song, Railroad or possibly, Rain
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246

The one that comes to mind is Living on an Island. I'm thinking it's an odd choice maybe but it's a nice sunny day song. 
    I love that too, but it's so untypical I'd be hard pushed to call it my favourite Quo song.

I could probably pick any one of three-quarters of the tracks on the original 12 Gold Bars though.

prowla said:
    Pictures of Matchstick Men.
    I'm a big fan of the very early stuff too - when I was a kid I had 'Golden Hour of Status Quo' on vinyl (a compilation of most of the first two albums), and my favourite from that era is probably When My Mind Is Not Live.

If you haven't got enough of it yet, this compilation is really worth having - everything from the pre-Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon days including The Spectres and Traffic Jam.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NeillNeill Frets: 941
    "Junior's Wailing" off the first live album.  The sheer power of that rhythm section just can't be beaten.  It was probably the first live recording I heard that really did capture the thrill of being there.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    4500 times or Softer Ride or Slow Train or Oh Baby or Rain or etc etc etc...Quo are far better than many ,especially music snobs , give them credit for
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Oh Baby
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    Mean Mean Girl or Down the Dustpipe.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • StageStruckStageStruck Frets: 102
    Backwater/Just Take Me - especially from the Frantic Four reunion tours, some of the best Quo gigs I've ever attended!
    For what it's worth, Quo are definitely way better than they will ever be given credit for, both as musicians and songwriters.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Backwater/Just Take Me - especially from the Frantic Four reunion tours, some of the best Quo gigs I've ever attended!
    For what it's worth, Quo are definitely way better than they will ever be given credit for, both as musicians and songwriters.
    That's exactly what I was going to say - they have just the right mix of oomph and variety.
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Quo are a bloody great band. 

I’ll be honest and say that over familiarity really did breed contempt for me for a long time, but now I’m older I don’t care- I just love the intensity of Quo at their best.