Transcribe ,Full tutorial video by Jennifer Batten . Very good

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited July 2021
    The programme has had several updates since then.
    It can do video really well now if you want.  Same basic idea but you can loop and speed adjust a video clip too.
    One thing she opens with is the issue that you have the potential to lose the connections between your Transcibe! files and your music files.  It can happen when you move the file location of either file e.g when you get a new computer.  With 3 files it's not a problem; with 300 it is.  I think her suggestion was to have the T! files live in the same folder as the music files.  That sounds a bit messy.  But the problem is a real one if you do a lot of transcription/ learning for covers bands so my workaround has been:
    (1) a folder of copies of the music/video files.
    (2) a sub-folder of T! files inside it. 
    They always move to new locations together.  Even when the absolute address changes, Transcribe! susses it out after you tell it the first match.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4137
    Grunfeld said:
    It can do video really well now if you want.  Same basic idea but you can loop and speed adjust a video clip too.
    One thing she opens with is the issue that you have the potential to lose the connections between your Transcibe! files and your music files.  It can happen when you move the file location of either file e.g when you get a new computer.  With 3 files it's not a problem; with 300 it is.  I think her suggestion was to have the T! files live in the same folder as the music files.  That sounds a bit messy.  But the problem is a real one if you do a lot of transcription/ learning for covers bands so my workaround has been:
    They always move to new locations together.  Even when the absolute address changes, Transcribe! susses it out after you tell it the first match.
    That’s brilliant, thanks so much , good idea putting them in separate folder. I’ve still yet to use it to its full potential especially markers . I’m transcribing a 6 minute solo at the moment and I’m just putting a marker at each section , it takes me half an hour to do a few notes lol , it’s getting back in the flow of where you left off the next day that takes time . It’s quite enjoyable though , when you’re not stuck lol 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6788
    Grunfeld said:
    That’s brilliant, thanks so much , good idea putting them in separate folder. I’ve still yet to use it to its full potential especially markers . I’m transcribing a 6 minute solo at the moment and I’m just putting a marker at each section , it takes me half an hour to do a few notes lol , it’s getting back in the flow of where you left off the next day that takes time . It’s quite enjoyable though , when you’re not stuck lol 
    I store the *.xsc and audio/video file in the same directory as thats the simplest way to keep them linked.

The first thing I do when learning a song with transcribe is listen all the way through and tap in the section and measure markers - add verse/chorus ids and show the "Navigation bar" - that makes looping sections or finding sections much easier (I even do this with sections of videos) - they all get saved in the file for future use.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4137
    That’s brilliant , the labels are great 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    mrkb said:
    The first thing I do when learning a song with transcribe is listen all the way through and tap in the section and measure markers - add verse/chorus ids and show the "Navigation bar" - that makes looping sections or finding sections much easier
    I do this too more or less.  
    Play the song, one finger on the M, another on the S, and you can get every bar and every section marker on that first play through -- or it's just a quick tidy up after.
    Re-label the Sections
    Loop the bars you want to learn and Shift-click them into #numbered sections of the Misc tab in FX
    Job done.