SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: 1996 Martin MTV limited edition Dreadnought - Mahogany, rosewood, Sitka, Ebony

What's Hot
Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 443
edited December 2021 in Acoustics £
1996 Martin Dreadnought - Mahogany, rosewood, Sitka, Ebony

Bough brand new by me in the US in 1998 (I still have the purchase receipt).

Made in 1996, limited to 600 (this is number 233).

UNPLUGGED inlaid in the fret-board and the MTV logo in the headstock.

Mix of tone-woods - the back and sides are rosewood and mahogany, which are supposed to accentuate the tones of the base strings and treble strings...! 

Ebony fret board and tuners, Sitka top.

This is a dreadnought Martin in excellent condition (the only significant mark is a 7 or 8mm wide flake on the underside of the fretboard - you done see it when playing and I cannot feels it, but there it is - image below).

The neck is 1 11/16" (Martin Standard), gloss finished with an ebony board. It has a slim/medium profile. It has Martin's Mortise and Tenon neck joint, rather than the old-style.

The top features the hybrid scalloped bracing scheme standard to guitars with the hybrid bracing pattern. The guitar is very light weight and has a nice, thin full gloss NCL finish. It is superbly resonant. Strummed hard, you can feel the top vibrate to the very edge. It is a very lively and responsive guitar.

I changed the pins to bone, but I have the originals and will swap back (they are black with Pau inlay dots).  I also changed the saddle to a Bone one but the original is in the case.

Original case and all the paperwork (including the original purchase receipt and import duty paid at Gatwick).

£1800 Collection only, from Birmingham (or Bath/Bristol can be arranged, as I’m down that way most months)

https://i.imgur.com/IEQR8uJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2Grct22.jpg
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments