Anyone had the delta variant?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1117
    @meltedbuzzbox ;   Taste and smell have been fine for me, not lost either

@euan ; That's not what I wanted to here. Hoping this is it 

Did a LF test a bit ago which showed negative, Don know if that actually means anything

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 2279
    edited July 25
    Tested positive five days ago. 
    Have felt pretty much fine. I do not have my sense of smell or taste in tact and have lost 7lbs but it’s weight I’ve chose to lose. 
    Eating more veg currently too as may as well whilst I can’t taste the horrid things. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 347
    I am at least 6 days into Delta. Here is what I have found.

Tickle of a cough for two days, did a test and it was negative.
    Did a test on day three and positive but felt perfectly fine. 

Day 1 Positive - apart from a cough, felt normal
    Day 2 Positive - apart from a cough felt normal 
    Day 3 Positive - did a few jobs and felt knackered, and Avery cloudy head, cough persists 
    Day 4 Positive - decided not to do anything so I wouldn’t get knackered, felt perfectly fine apart from minor cough
    Day 5 Positive - tried to do a few things again and felt knackered again. So it’s now pretty consistent that you do something you regret it.
    Day 6 Positive - same as day 5.

Felt a bit out of breathe since day 4 when I have decided to do things. Nothing of concern, but just walking up the stairs a couple of times makes you feel a bit out of breathe. Also bouts of tiredness and naps follow any activity.

Activity has been very minor like moving garden furniture of starting a pressure washer. It really doesn’t take much to turn you.

But it’s all minor, nothing of concern and I am grateful for the vaccines as I can imagine it being very nasty if it was ramped up inside me from the level I am at now.

I am hopeful the next few days will see me get better.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 27
    Just to update. 
    I’m on day 8 now and except from lethargy I’m fine. I’ve not had any jabs yet and I think I now need to wait 3 months before being offered. Lateral flow test on day 6 showed negative. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 1906
    grungebob said:
    Just to update. 
    I’m on day 8 now and except from lethargy I’m fine. I’ve not had any jabs yet and I think I now need to wait 3 months before being offered. Lateral flow test on day 6 showed negative. 
    Really glad you’re pretty much fine.  Do you mind me asking how old you are?
    thebreeze said:
    grungebob said:
    Just to update. 
    43. Don’t smoke. Don’t drink healthy weight and train BJJ a few times a week. 
    I’ve had two bad bouts of pneumonia/ collapsed lungs in my early 20’s but since then I’ve only had perhaps 2 colds and one lot of flu. 
    My whole house can go down with a cold but I never seem to be bothered by them. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 1906
    grungebob said:
    thebreeze said:
    grungebob said:
    Just to update. 
    I’ve had two bad bouts of pneumonia/ collapsed lungs in my early 20’s but since then I’ve only had perhaps 2 colds and one lot of flu. 
    Thanks man, interesting and good to know.  Keep on the mend!
    thebreeze said:
    grungebob said:
    thebreeze said:
    grungebob said:
    Just to update. 
    Thanks man, interesting and good to know.  Keep on the mend!
    Cheers dude. 
  • peanutspeanuts Frets: 48
    Currently sick as a dog for the third day running.
    Festering in my own squalor and feeling rather sorry for myself.

Has anyone else caught the joy that is the delta variant?
    how do folk know what variant they have ? Are the tests giving you this information?
  • ColsCols Frets: 3712
    peanuts said:

how do folk know what variant they have ? Are the tests giving you this information?
    Currently 99% of UK cases are the Delta variant.  Anyone testing positive now is all but certain to have it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-variants-identified-in-uk
  • peanutspeanuts Frets: 48
    edited July 29

is this after having been ’double jabbed’ ?   just saw above
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 1049
    edited July 31
    peanuts said:

I think you have to see if you can catch all variants. You can get a sticker, and then complete your Panini "World Covid Variants Album".

The Delta variant sticker is easy to get, but the rare limited edition Wutan Bat Genesis ones change hands for BIG money (and you have to ensure all surfaces it came into contact are bleached afterwards).