SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Pribora Hot Custom, TUSQ XL Nut, Tuners and more...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PM’d 
      Hey guys, do you think these tuners would be a drop in replacement for a 2011 MIM strat 
    Yes and no. 

The MIM Fender 'heads are probably made by Ping Well. The Yamaha set is probably Jin-Ho (AKA Chin-Ho). The locator pegs on the underside of the gear housings might not line up with the holes in the headstock.

The "Vanson" locking will fit a modern Stratocaster headstock but at the expense of having to drill holes for the locator screws. 

If the 2011 Stratocaster has replica Kluson Safety 'heads, the 9mm holes through the headstock will need enlarging to 11mm.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PM’d 
      Hey guys, do you think these tuners would be a drop in replacement for a 2011 MIM strat 
    Yes and no. 

The MIM Fender 'heads are probably made by Ping Well. The Yamaha set is probably Jin-Ho (AKA Chin-Ho). The locator pegs on the underside of the gear housings might not line up with the holes in the headstock.

The "Vanson" locking will fit a modern Stratocaster headstock but at the expense of having to drill holes for the locator screws. 

If the 2011 Stratocaster has replica Kluson Safety 'heads, the 9mm holes through the headstock will need enlarging to 11mm.
    Ok thanks , ive decided to not get it as I’d be mixing chrome with gold and it would look a bit odd 
    plus I’m skint . Thanks for your help though ,will be useful for when I can upgrade to silver locking tuners 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There is no standard spacing or quantity for the locator pins. 

MIM Fender has two. USA Fender has one. Sperzel has one but not in the same place as the American Fender.

The gold finish on some 'heads can be removed fairly easily but the next layer of electroplating beneath is nickel.

• Here we go again...
  • I got a set of Pribora Pickups (Hot Custom) and I'm still deciding if they are what I was looking for. In any case I won't use the bridge pickup so here it comes...

Alexander Pribora Hot Custom Bridge Pickup 13.5k, entirely new, cream cover - £20 delivered
  • I'm definitely keeping the Hot Custom Pribora pickups, they sound fantastic! But as I've got HSS, still selling the bridge one. 
  • PM'd
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Are the DiMarzio DP186 Cruiser pickups still available?

How much cable is on each?

How much for combined postage and pakaging?
  • Alexander Pribora Hot Custom Bridge Pickup 13.5k, entirely new, cream cover - £20
    Graphtech Tusq XL PT-6642-00 - 8£
    White Pearl Ibanez HSS pickguard - 5£
    Yamaha Pacifica tuners. new - 6£
    Gotoh style Locking Tuners - gold finish - 17£
    Gold Plated Metal Pickup Ring x2 (never used) - 6£
  • I will be selling the guitar where I had the Pribora Pickups and, in order to sell it cheaper as possible, I will put back the stock pickups, so the entire Pribora hot custom set is now available
  • Potentially interested in the Pribora pickups… and can I ask if the gold Gotohs are 6-in-line or 3+3?
  • Potentially interested in the Pribora pickups… and can I ask if the gold Gotohs are 6-in-line or 3+3?
    They are 6-in-line
  • up!
  • new year's bump!