NORTHSTAR - Our 2 Piece shenanigans

What's Hot
Hi Folks, this is our labour of love, Northstar, Jez and I (Acoustic and singing Jez, guitar and jangles me). We did this EP a little while ago but generally we are out doing open mics and gigs. I tend to go big ethereal sound when we play live and gives it a bigger feel being just 2 of us. Anyways, thought I’d share with you all. Daz

https://soundcloud.com/user-917600586/sets/willson-ep-1
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1299
    Wow.  That's great.  I get real Echo and the Bunnymen vibes from that.  On my doorstep too - great stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    edited July 2021
    Bod said:
    Wow.  That's great.  I get real Echo and the Bunnymen vibes from that.  On my doorstep too - great stuff.
    Hey thanks mate, much appreciated! Good to meet you, I’m over in Kirby, started up open mics again in Keyham if you fancy it at any point?
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    Sure, would be great to meet up.  DM me with any dates and I'll pop over.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    Excellent writing, arranging, playing and recording. Nice work! Jez has a great voice and I’m sure I can hear hints of Bowie there.

Is that a Jazzmaster you are playing on the outro of the first track? Sounds really good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jimbro66 said:
    Excellent writing, arranging, playing and recording. Nice work! Jez has a great voice and I’m sure I can hear hints of Bowie there.

Is that a Jazzmaster you are playing on the outro of the first track? Sounds really good.
    Hey thanks! Really appreciate the feedback and shared with Jez last night! The very finest ears it was indeed a JM - well heard my friend!
  • I've only just seen this, but what a nice find. I can only repeat what's already been said: great work on all the aspects here, music, words, performance and production. Good luck with the gigs, and hopefully you'll see a return on the hard work ;-)
    I've only just seen this, but what a nice find. I can only repeat what's already been said: great work on all the aspects here, music, words, performance and production. Good luck with the gigs, and hopefully you'll see a return on the hard work ;-)
    Hey man, really appreciate the message! Open mics and a couple of gigs in recent months so getting back to it. We did those a couple of years ago now and have a ton of stuff to record so looking forward to that, cheers!
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Sounds excellent. Nice guitars and vocals, and a great song.
  • Enjoyed that, definitely getting a Echo and the Bunny Men vibe but is it's own thing also
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    @camf Hey cheers! Bit old those now so some new ones we need to commit to the studio, appreciate the comments!
    @thecolourbox Appreciated! Nice to have a hint of the Bunny men, although I was channeling Charlie Burchill on Ghost Within My Heart so Simple Minds not too far off - Thanks!
  • I think it's the singer's voice which gives the Bunnymen vibe, I only really know one song by them (The Killing Moon which was in Donnie Darko) and there's just a couple of stylistic things that reminds me of that
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Dazza said:
    Hi Folks, this is our labour of love, Northstar, Jez and I (Acoustic and singing Jez, guitar and jangles me). We did this EP a little while ago but generally we are out doing open mics and gigs. I tend to go big ethereal sound when we play live and gives it a bigger feel being just 2 of us. Anyways, thought I’d share with you all. Daz

https://soundcloud.com/user-917600586/sets/willson-ep-1
    That's wonderful Dazza. Sharp songwriting and lovely, spacious, reverberating sound; definitely true to your influences. Is that the sound of a pumped up shimmer verb on Ghost within my Heart? (And I can see why the singer has evoked the spirit of Ian McCulloch on that song for one of the comments).

You're a bit far away for me to come and see you live, but reckon I'd buy an LP of your stuff. 
  • Peter_K_Peter_K_ Frets: 4
    edited January 2022
    Jimbro66 said:
    I’m sure I can hear hints of Bowie there.
    Agree with that Jimbro66 - definitely on this track: Northstar.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    Really dig this. Vocals are great, really enjoyed it.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    edited January 2022
    Nice work dude....shared on my Reddit group..https://www.reddit.com/r/Newmusicreview/

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    @spark240 Hey that's great! Much appreciated!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Teyeplayer Thanks mate, I’ll pass on the kind words to Jez!
    @Peter_K_ Well deduced my friend and thank you - although I’ve probably added more reverb and shimmer since we recorded that - kind words, when we get the new stuff sorted I’ll let you know!