SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold 1979 Hohner 335 (Terada factory)

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7473
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
Bought from the lovely @brooom ;; recently as I couldn't afford to buy his 81 Tokai ES100. 

I sold my ES100 about 5 years ago and regretted it ever since.  The Hohner has the same vintage Gotoh PAFS in and sounds almost identical..... how do I know ?   - because I have just bought Broooms ES100 that I've been looking to replace since forever :-)

The Hohner has less curves than the Tokai , has slightly less sparkle but there is so little in it - a fact you are welcome to confirm by trying them side by side at mine

It is missing a pickguard and has a few little nicks here and there but for a 43 year old guitar its in fantastic condition (my photos are crap unfortunately) and more importantly sounds and plays superb.

Neck profile is 59-ish. Weight is 8lbs even. Nitro finish, long neck tenon, single piece mahogany neck with volute. Solid mahogany centre block. 

The clincher is its £500...... yes a vintage Japansese made 335 for £500 :-)

No case but I can double box it in a gigbag for postage or feel free to come and get it

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    First of all @DrCornelius has been a great guy to deal with. Second as I know this guitar quite well, it's a ridiculous deal.

This is 79 Terada built semi acoustic, very similar to brands like Vesta Graham or Campbell also built at the same factory to similar specs. It's high quality instrument, built with great woods, great hardware, electronics and pickups (same gotoh S pickups as the high end tokais of that time).

The specs are also quite high, with features like fret nibs, lovely binding work, full long neck tenon a mahogany central block and nitro finish.

I kept one myself, which has a slightly different finish although I also love the burst on this one.

It's a 40+ guitar which has been played, but still plays great and sounds and feels like good 335 should.

best of luck with the sale and hope whomever keeps it, enjoys it as much as I have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7473
    Thank you Brooom - you are a gent and thanks for the extra info too :-)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    Con - I'm sure someone on here will see what a fine deal this is from the forum's number 1 ranked classifieds guru, but of you want to get more eyes on it, you could try the facebook group that deals exclusively in MIJ guitars...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1051899961518463/?multi_permalinks=5759748700733542

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Thanks @McToot but I don’t go near Facebook , it gives me the right hump :-)

If this doesn’t sell here I’ll probably look at a trade and if that doesn’t work out my son will probably end up nicking it.

The cash would be nice as 81 ES100’s  don’t come cheap !
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6439
    Good swag ! Love it !!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6256
    Gosh, that's a lot of guitar for the money and I love those F holes, they're little works of art. Good luck with sale, I'm sure it won't hang around for long.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    If you're wondering where you've seen those F-holes before, look at Gretsch.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    Good Grief!! That'll make me forget I don't get on with the 335 size and shape. And yes, totally glorious ef'oles. 
    Sold - lots of guys on here crazy about those F holes evidently 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    Very graceful moob coverage ;)
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    Well, they are rather sexy. Much like your good self of course. ;-)
    Dodge said:
    You’re not wrong Dodge
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8964
    Dodge said:
    You’re not wrong Dodge
    Get a room :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom