Watch a middle aged man who looks like a geography teacher play some guitar

What's Hot

Comments

• My geography teacher was a nonce and got arrested. Mr Chapman his name was. 

Sick playing though dude. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited September 2021
    Some cool sounds! I like that last one that starts clean. 
    Some mega gear too! Puts my wee Wem to shame!  3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some cool sounds! I like that last one that starts clean. 
    Come round and bring biscuits. You can jam through it.

Bye!

• skunkwerx said:
    My geography teacher was a nonce and got arrested. Mr Chapman his name was. 

Did he make you play his Chapman Stick??

Bye!

• skunkwerx said:

Thankfully not. 
    Just had to blow his trombone.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerx said:
    skunkwerx said:

Thankfully not. 
    Just had to blow his trombone.
    Was it rusty?

Bye!

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    I went on stage the other day with a checked shirt with elbow pads and looked like Al from Home Improvement. 

• Nick13Nick13 Frets: 731
    What is this vh4 ch3 and a 800 ish tone from the jvm?  Sounds good, nailed the Adam Jones sound for sure.
  • Some cool sounds! I like that last one that starts clean. 
    Come round and bring biscuits. You can jam through it.

Biscuits would be soggy by the time I get there  :s
  • Nick13 said:
    What is this vh4 ch3 and a 800 ish tone from the jvm?  Sounds good, nailed the Adam Jones sound for sure.
    Sometimes ch3 on VH4 + crunch on JVM. Sometimes ch4 on the VH4 + OD1 on the JVM.

Bye!

• durrrtttyyy

Bye!

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    durrrtttyyy

What a tool. I always like your tone.

• Let it not be said that I don't fuck up. I often do!!

Bye!

• Drew what you recording the video ones with? 
    Setup is:

JVM > Marshall JCM800 Lead 1960 4x12, loaded with Celestion T75's. Microphone is a Shure SM57.
    VH4 > Egnater Tourmaster 4x12, loaded with Celestion V30's. Microphone is a Sennheiser 421.

Pedals I'm using are:
    Polytune Mini Noir > Boss DM2w analog delay > Boss DD-500 digital delay, stereo out into a Boss EQ-200 equalizer pedal, set to boost my highs and cut a small amount in the lows. Stereo out to the amps.

No additional processing.

Video is my Sony A7III camera.

Bye!

Setup is:

JVM > Marshall JCM800 Lead 1960 4x12, loaded with Celestion T75's. Microphone is a Shure SM57.
    VH4 > Egnater Tourmaster 4x12, loaded with Celestion V30's. Microphone is a Sennheiser 421.

Pedals I'm using are:
    Polytune Mini Noir > Boss DM2w analog delay > Boss DD-500 digital delay, stereo out into a Boss EQ-200 equalizer pedal, set to boost my highs and cut a small amount in the lows. Stereo out to the amps.

No additional processing.

Video is my Sony A7III camera.

Crap, I was hoping you'd say "just my old phone"   :3

Sound pretty huge anyway! 

I would say the vids are slightly muddy compared to the SC ones. I think you need to back something off very slightly. 
    What do I know though!
  • I might have some phase issue that needs investigating. It is a little bit muddy.

Bye!

• I'm really loving this combo. They're so amazing together.

So a bit more info:

Diezel VH4 is from 2001. I bought it 2nd hand on eBay for £1280, which I thought an absolute steal at the time. When I got it, I emailed Peter Diezel to get it dated, and he said I should remove a few resistors from one section. So I did that. I ended up replacing the midi eprom chip inside, which was a bit of a pain in the ass, since I also had to replace some tiny capacitors in there without breaking any of the other components around it. I got it done eventually. But was a bit scareh!!

The Satriani JVM410HJS, that I don't have a date for. I was a bit reluctant to buy it at first purely because it had purple snakeskin tolex, and I thought it was damn ugly. But they're quite hard to get hold of, and the guy was asking for £750. Which really was an absolute steal! I bought that this February and have fallen in love with it all over again (it's the 2nd one I've ever had).

Can definitely get those Adam Jones TOANZ by using the two amps together, and both of them clean up really nicely too. Channel 3 on the VH4 and OD1 Red on the JVM with the gain at about 1pm-ish..... hog heaven. Absolute hog heaven.

I'm now thinking about getting two 2x12 cabs for live performances, and using a dual amp setup. Will have to see. The rest of the band might not be too happy with that!

Bye!

• Nick13Nick13 Frets: 731
    I'm really loving this combo. They're so amazing together.

So a bit more info:

Diezel VH4 is from 2001. I bought it 2nd hand on eBay for £1280, which I thought an absolute steal at the time. When I got it, I emailed Peter Diezel to get it dated, and he said I should remove a few resistors from one section. So I did that. I ended up replacing the midi eprom chip inside, which was a bit of a pain in the ass, since I also had to replace some tiny capacitors in there without breaking any of the other components around it. I got it done eventually. But was a bit scareh!!

The Satriani JVM410HJS, that I don't have a date for. I was a bit reluctant to buy it at first purely because it had purple snakeskin tolex, and I thought it was damn ugly. But they're quite hard to get hold of, and the guy was asking for £750. Which really was an absolute steal! I bought that this February and have fallen in love with it all over again (it's the 2nd one I've ever had).

Can definitely get those Adam Jones TOANZ by using the two amps together, and both of them clean up really nicely too. Channel 3 on the VH4 and OD1 Red on the JVM with the gain at about 1pm-ish..... hog heaven. Absolute hog heaven.

I'm now thinking about getting two 2x12 cabs for live performances, and using a dual amp setup. Will have to see. The rest of the band might not be too happy with that!

Couldn't you just stack the whole lot live and your stage footprint would be the same as 1x amp+cab
  • Nick13 said:
    I'm really loving this combo. They're so amazing together.

So a bit more info:

Couldn't you just stack the whole lot live and your stage footprint would be the same as 1x amp+cab
    Yeah that's more or less what I am thinking. Couldn't get away with two 4x12's for sure. Not in a two guitarist band!

Bye!